Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Nova Scotia trivia is not my forte...obviously

Canadian Trivia - I think I'm a pretty decent lifeline....but Nova Scotia trivia? I suck. Normally I can at least hazard a guess, but today, the N.S. questions were impossible. Apparently, I'm the only person in the province that doesn't know Howard Dill grows massive pumpkins in Windsor. I redeemed myself by answering the Stanley Park question correctly, but Tom had the best line ever: "I hope she knows more about parks than she knows about pumpkins!" Rick nearly fell out of his chair laughing at that one! Caller Reg near the end of the show called and said to me "Pop quiz: what colour is a pumpkin?" Ha ha...I fear this pumpkin debacle will go down in history like when Austin answered "Jacques Cousteau" one time when he was a lifeline.

So, again, the lines were flooded with another random and hard-hitting Hotline topic: How to keep cats out of your garden.

Here are some of the suggestions - good luck!

-mint
-orange rinds
-eggshells
-garlic
-chives
-onions
-mothballs (even though one caller said his daughter tried this and it didn't work)
-cayenne pepper (also good for sore throats!!!)

So council is meeting for 12 hours today? Even if you hate politicians, that's an awfully long time to be dealing with city business!! Especially this cat by-law. Off the air, at least 4 people told me it was a waste of time. Rick is trying to touch base with the guy from Calgary we had in the studio a month and a half ago to talk about that city's very successful program. It's our poll question today...so scroll down a bit on the right and vote!

Constable Carr didn't seem to get a kick out of Rick's mockery of the "Public Safety Unit". That's the name of the "riot squad". The Public Safety Unit sounds so Orwellian, don't you think?

Anyway....a little bit of sunshine out there today - it's a start!! I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until the start of July. It feels like Rick just went on holiday and now he's almost (small tear) gone again. He deserves it though, he truly does.

Enough sucking up for me!

More tomorrow,

Amber

P.S. All open show tomorrow - so be sure to give us a call!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howard Who?