Friday, June 22, 2007

Very exciting....

Rick filled me on a couple guests he's working on for next week. I can guarantee you if they work out, CJCH will be making some headlines. Trust me.

Andrew had a good idea for show I'm sure Rick will be working on for next season - Scott Taylor versus John Boileau. The debate format has always worked well on the show and I would really love to hear that debate about Afghanistan. In light of the latest fatalities, the military has banned the use of those un-armoured vehicles outside of military areas.

G-mac, aka Gloria McCluskey, was her ususal fired-up self today. She basically issued a challenge to Hotline listeners and to actual politicians - put your money where your mouth is! She criticized Darrell Dexter's appearance on the Hotline yesterday, talking about his plans, but not getting into detail about the actual implementation. She urged those who call the Hotline to, instead of complaining and acting like they know everything, to put their names forward for next year's election. We'll see if any of them do! We know Bruce Devenne and Jim Hoskins have expressed interest in the past.

Did you see the plans for the new Farmer's market? It looks fantastic and the fact it's a green building is great too. Rick interviewed Fred Kilcup about the new market today. The market is so crowded now that you have to get there at like 7am in order to walk around freely to find your stuff. A seven-day a week Farmer's market? Yes please! I can imagine Pete Luckett might not be too happy about it though.

I get a lot of calls off the air from people looking for Rick's e-mail. If you want to e-mail the Hotline, send your e-mails to: cjchhotline@chumhalifax.com

I really enjoyed the sports hour today. I was expecting some sexist comments from the boys about the tryouts for the "Weather girls", the cheerleaders for the Halifax Rainmen, but was pleasantly suprised by the lack thereof. Maybe AJ took my watergun threat seriously!!! Anyway...I'm not really into hockey or basketball (2 sports that dominate the hour), so sometimes I just kind of tune it out. But the interviews with Coach K and Penny Laroque were great today. Penny is a spitfire who went toe to toe with the boys just fine and that's what I like to hear! I may need to borrow her boxing gloves sometime!

There's a severe thunderstorm watch in effect and there are showers for the weekend, so let's hope the weather changes. We deserve summer don't we???

Have a good one!

Amber

No comments: