Friday, March 7, 2008

Beer and bread

Two staples that have been around forever, are now seemingly affected by this rising cost of wheat.

Here's a link to the story in the Chronicle-Herald today:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/1042331.html

Here's a link about how it is affecting and other North American staples:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23415510/

Man, I think I can live without bread, but not beer! LOL.

What I heard today about Gerald Keddy really ticked me off. He heckles someone mercilessly in the House of Commons who is talking about a serious issue and then gets angry when the person loses it! Heckling has a place, no doubt, in the "Romper Room for Grown-ups". It is a game. But, there are the odd times when it becomes serious and people pour their heart into an issue. I don't believe heckling was appropriate in that instance, and he should apologize to Thomas Mulcair.

So, another storm for Ontario? It has been pretty bad this year. Usually Windsor gets about 5 centimetres all winter long and they've had storms pretty much once a week like us. We're getting off lucky - just some rain tomorrow, and then rain on Sunday.

That was a pretty interesting poll put out by Corporate Research. See, I felt the Liberals were breaking through and poll does show an improvement for the Liberals after their successful fall sitting of the legislature. I don't think it has to do with S.M's beard - even though I do like the new look!!

What's up with people calling you when you dial a number, it happens to be a wrong one, but you didn't get an answer, so you think "No harm, no foul". Rick had written one number incorrectly, so I called a number for Phil Currie and didn't get him. I got the voicemail for the wrong number and hung up, got the right number and got Phil Currie on the line. Five minutes later I get a phone call from the woman who says "I just got a call from this number, who are you?" Why do people care? Maybe if the phone said "FBI", I might be curious by the FBI is calling me. So, I had to apologize for dialing her wrong number and bothering her. My motto is if they don't leave a message, it wasn't important in the first place.

So, Jim Nunn was in this afternoon. I loved Rick's description of "caustic". Loved that. I think he turned caustic when Rick out and out called him old.

Rick: Did you go to school in a one room schoolhouse?
Jim: I did not!!!!

Hilarious.

It was interesting to listen to, but you all know how I feel about hypocrisy and I just thought it was kind of hypocritical to be known as the person who "asks the tough questions" not to answer a few pretty general questions like, "What was one of your embarrassing moments on air?". It's not like Rick asked him to out some co-workers or something.

Did you go to school in a one room schoolhouse - I'll be giggling about that all weekend.

Anyway, I hope you have an excellent weekend!!! Oh, do you remember Barg Stegemann? We had her in in October and she said she has a book coming out this March? Well, it's obviously March and the book comes out today!

http://the7virtues.com/

Apparently, there's a quote from this blog on the cover of the book! How exciting! I told Rick and he said, yeah, didn't I tell you that? Um, no, but congrats to Barb. Can't wait to read it!

So, have a great weekend and we'll chat with you Monday. The venerable iron lady from Dartmouth and Mr. Hendsbee will be in for a very interesting political chat during hour number 2. Hope you can join us!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: