Monday, March 3, 2008

Naked cowboys & gender re-assignment

Yes, that's what kind of day it was on the Hotline.

Thanks to Ben for the winning title today, my second choice is a quote from one of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's lawyers, "devestatingly defamatory". Can you believe the PM has served notice to sue the Liberal Party over the Cadman affair? That was so astute of Wilf today to point out politicians are the first ones to throw out the line "I can't talk about it because it's before the courts". That would be convenient especially if there was an election campaign, wouldn't it? To me, this lawsuit solidifies what I already believed - it happened and the Conservatives are desperately trying to cover up their dastardly deeds. Harper is a master tactician though, this lawsuit thing is incredibly smart to get it out of the newspapers.

On TV today they kept showing the clip of Chuck Cadman standing up for Canada, nervously chewing his gum. What a great guy, that clip was just...I can't even describe it. Bill Casey is another stand-up guy. I swear, you could look up decent in the dictionary and you'd find a big ol' pic of Bill. Bill Casey rules and cares so much about this province. Rick's going to accuse me of gushing, but I don't care. Bill.Casey.rocks.


Speaking of someone who doesn't rock: Premier Rodney MacDonald. This whole Avastin thing really sickens me. I felt so sad during the commercial after we spoke to Jim Connors. He just got back from a trip with each one of his children. He's so strong and for him to fight this fight even though he can afford Avastin, well, I think he's incredible too. We're praying for you Jim...you stay strong. Judy Young was buried today, she's the nurse who was kind of the human face behind this fight to get Avastin funded. She leaves behind a young son, so sad to think she may have had a little more time if she was able to get this drug.

The school issue is incredibly serious too! It should have been called "Imagine our schools...closed". Or how can we even imagine the schools when they're planning to close so many? Funding at the school board is what needs to be examined - Carole Olsen and the crew just went to China at the end of last year, let's not forget that. Slash executives salaries and put that money back into the classroom and keep the schools open!

Jeez, apparently I've started Monday on an embittered streak!! Yikes!!!

It's just, life is so sad sometimes.

Anyway, talk to you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Amber

3 comments:

Mr.k said...

blows my mind

Mr.k said...

Hello Amber.

Just blows my mind that these young Liberals could possibly come up with such a stupid ideal as having the taxpayers cover the cost of sex change surgery.

These are the future wannabee political leaders of tomorrow.

Now that scares me.

With so many people dying of cancer, such as Judy Young and many others it totaly blows me away that the Liberals , young and old, can only come up with ideals to cover some of their transiey friends. there must be one or two of them looking to have the procedure done.

I hope that if ever the day comes that I may be dying of cancer and it is during an election, that it isn't a Liberal who MIGHT come knocking on my door for a vote. They are more likely to get the boot.

With stupid ideals like this one from the young Liberals or young Tories or NDP. it is no wonder people right across this province and country are saying they will never vote again.

Anonymous said...

Amber,

The whole Avastin thing sickens me as well. There is so much money wasted in government and life is so very precious. It is hard to understand why such a drug would not be funded.You have to wonder if the Premier or any of his cabinet needed this drug would they get it?

Lee