Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Awakening

Hmmm. First day of spring. Mother Nature certainly has a sadistic sense of humour, doesn't she?

You know what I hope for spring? I hope they start painting bloody lines on the road!!! At night when it's raining, I can't see the lines to save my life. We've complained about the potholes all winter, now this spring and summer is going to be roadwork central!! Oh well, gas will probably be so expensive we won't be able to afford gas anyway!

Great show today, but not going to lie, I'm really looking forward to the long weekend. You know, it's that stretch between Christmas and New Year's where there are no holidays (Thanks, Rodney). The winter starts to really drag, so this weekend is hopefully going to be peaceful and relaxing. As for the bars being open on Good Friday, that doesn't bother me. Rick and I got into another heated discussion about that topic during one of the breaks. It's the same as Sunday shopping for me. Bars and stores don't have to open on Sundays, but they should have the choice and now bars do - end of story.

Good hour with Peter Stoffer and Mike Savage during hour 2. One caller phoned to tell Peter he should switch parties where he could easily become leader of the Liberals! Ha! I think the fact Bob Rae got elected is great, I'm a huge Bob Rae fan (and lived in Ontario when he was Premier!) He and Michael Ignatieff seem to have this ongoing feud, so it's going to be very interesting! Apparently Dion doesn't have a leadership review for a while, so he's lucky in that regard...and it seems in that regard only. I mean, I want Harper out of office too, but I don't think Dion has what it takes to be Prime Minister.

Well, call me crazy but it looks like the sky is brightening, maybe this storm will end earlier than expected? Let's pray for some spring type weather for this weekend!

Oh, some backstage drama about Roger Taylor from yesterday's show. He told us he didn't like the Rodenhiser song!! Can you believe that? Are there others that didn't love the best song ever? Rick and I used to play that 4 times an hour when Rodenhiser was on because it amused us all so much - we thought everyone liked it. It was a shock to hear it was unloved by someone else - I am really questioning Roger Taylor's judgement now!! Speaking of the Rodenhiser, I miss him on Fridays - hope you're well, Dave!

So, we're off tomorrow, but back on Monday. Hope to chat with you then!

Happy Easter,

Amber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Afternoon.

Here's a hint stay on the Pavement that said should you need further assistance on how to Drive please call 1-800- Can't drive. That said have a good good weekend.

Happy Easter.

Tim
UFCW Canada

Duart Princess said...

How can you be a fan of Rae and have lived in Ontario when he was Premier? I was a teacher and he made our lives hell. He is a smug, self-serving man. He cares about noone except BOB RAE and what he perceives is his right. He is not a Liberal. You can take him out of the NDP but you can't take the NDP out of him.
I am a huge fan of Michael Ignatieff. The man has principles and cares about the country even though some people seem to think that the fact he was away so long makes him somehow less of a Canadian.

Mr.k said...

When Bob Rae was Premier of Ontario, he had issued a 2 line Tax Return Form to fit all , regardless of level of income.

1st How much money do you make?

2nd. Send it in.


Just another 'old fart" is all he is.

They are starting to scape the bottom of the barrels now.