Monday, March 10, 2008

Most cantankerous people around

Grumpy Barry can really turn a phrase, can't he? He coined today's title and thanks for it! If people weren't cantankerous, then we wouldn't have a show, so big thanks go to the grumpy people of Nova Scotia for making our show the #1 talk show in Nova Scotia!

I think people do have a reason to be grumpy though. This O' Connell Drive thing is such a mess and I really think it's being exacerbated by Hendsbee attitude. I believe his intentions were good. I also think he just needs to say "I'm sorry I didn't consult you". That's it! Man, what a battle today between Hendsbee and Rose Mosher! I was just sitting back thinking - "Yikes". It was kind of funny, I came into the studio during Deb's news and saw the empty chair and thought, "Crap, Hendsbee's not here yet". I walk in and go left and in front of me stands the most behemoth man wearing a ball cap and sunglasses. Seriously, he looked like the Terminator!!! It was Hendsbee, trying to dress like the Rickster! Anyway, it was a little levity in what was a contentious hour dealing with issues that make people grumpy. I think Hendsbee might have been a little grumpy when he was leaving too. Gloria was chipper though - no one attacked her!

So, the Police Chief is in tomorrow and we're going to be talking about the newly released crime stats. Violent crime was down 10 per cent in 2007, which is good news, but as Jim Hoskins points out - we need the stats broken down community by community. Crime could actually be up in some neighbourhoods, but down overall! Stats are so tricky; they can be manipulated so many ways, you've got to really take a close look at them. I really hope the stats are the way they are being presented. I'm constantly worried that I'm going to get jumped when I'm on the street, every day I come home I'm grateful my house wasn't broken into and I always pray that nothing happens to my car!!!! I am kind of a paranoid person when it comes to crime. I should ask Debbie Young if I was a victim of crime in a past life or something! Another interesting stat is this 30% of all crime in HRM is solved. On the other hand 70% of crime is unsolved. This sounds really out of wack and kind of scary, so Rick will get the chief to expand on that tomorrow.

Man, I was at Bayer's Lake yesterday and it was incredibly busy!!! Traffic jams, long line ups, it's was craziness, reminded me of Christmas shopping! I was telling Rick this as we got into a screaming match during one of the commercial breaks about Sunday shopping. Well, I guess "screaming match" is a little strong, but we "discussed" the issue for 2 minutes. It was pretty funny. Sorry, Tony. I think Nova Scotians have taken to Sunday shopping and it was pretty apparent yesterday.


Have a good one!

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are two things that ticks me off.
One you got these morons gabing on thier cell phones while driving when they can't keep there stinking blood shot eyes on the road while driving.
Anyone who gets cought talking on there cell phone while driving should get a $950 fine plus have thier driver licence their cars towed and bend from driving from six months to one year for first timers.
The problem there as well they don't use there signals while changing lanes and check there blind spots before changing lanes.
Second timers band for life for talking on your cell phone while driving and a $2000 fine.
The other problem is the noboy bheck there blind spots before changing lanes.
I was almost cut off a few times by these idiots who should be band from driving for life.
I taken note the alot of people don't use there sinals when changing lanes.
For those who don't use there signals when changing lanes need a $950 fine their cas towed and band from driving for 2 years.
Yes even COPS do the same thing
and I like to know who trained them how to drive loosers.

Chris Dartmouth