Friday, July 20, 2007

Rain, rain go away

I know rain is a very necessary part of the cycle of life. That being said, doesn't it seem like we've had so much of it lately? This has been a pretty miserable July, with the exception of the beginning of the week. Next week, I don't really care about N.S. weather because I'll be in New Brunswick! I'm not going to Moncton (Rick would disown me), but I'm going to a very small place outside of Fredericton to visit my Grandma who summers there. But for your sake - I hope the weather is great here!

One of the callers who commented on the Gay Pride hour today used a line that Rodenhiser used in his column a couple of days ago: "I'm not against gays, but..." and "they should keep it to themselves". To me, that doesn't even make sense. How horrible would it be if someone said, I'm not against women in the workplace, but I don't want to have it around me. I'm sorry, but it's discrimination. It's a super touchy subject and I don't want to alienate anyone, but I agree with Raymond. One day, hopefully, there won't have to be a Gay Pride parade because it won't be an issue. I think people are people. There are good ones, bad ones and okay ones. I don't believe in sub-categories. I've written before how infuriated I get when Rick says "bad female drivers". Anyway...kind of heavy for a Friday, so I apologize.

Anyway...are you watching the British Open? Did you see Tiger's 90 foot put yesterday at Carnoustie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRZv2z39Ps

Anyway...Austin will be taking your calls next week! The blog and poll question will also be on holiday too, so watch for a new blog and question on Monday July 30th.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

You are absolutely correct at the end of the day People are People! That being said I see no reason to say anything more. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Cheers.

Tim
UFCW Canada