Monday, July 9, 2007

Turtle rescuer and overall great guy

Sergeant Mike Spearns was a guest on the show during hour number one this morning and it was great listening to him today, as it was when we had him on a couple of months ago. This time, he's a pseudo-celebrity after rescuing that turtle the other day.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Metro/845472.html

That was such a great story and when I read it was Mike Spearns, I wasn't suprised at all. This guy is so dedicated to his job and wants to protect everyone and everything, including turtles!

He has been the head of the Traffic department for a couple of years and says he sees people shaving in their car, amongst other things. He took AJ to task for reading in his car during red lights. He says you always have to be alert and aware; by looking up you could prevent someone from rear-ending you, etc. He told us that he stopped a woman one time and she claimed she was in labour. He's says, okay, prove it -- and then accompanies her to the hospital!!! Guess what? She wasn't even pregnant! Some people are so desperate not to get a ticket - just slow down. Be sure to take the Hotline poll today. Who do you think are the worst drivers in Metro? I'm not going to say how I voted because I don't want people to get mad at me!

Sgt. Spearns did bring a serious message today - 10 people have died on HRM roads in 2007. He says those deaths were preventable and he doesn't want to see anymore, so please, slow down and pay attention! I would heed my own advice, but I don't have a car, so there you go.



So, Sunday shopping has commenced at the NSLC. I didn't partake yesterday, but the business was reported to be steady. Did you see the Daily News today? My question is: are those guys who bought booze even 19? They look like babies to me.

Well...some rain on the way tonight, so enjoy the afternoon!

Catch you tomorrow,

Amber

No comments: