Friday, October 12, 2007

BILL CASEY

Who would have thought, even in the spring, that backbench Conservative MP Bill Casey would be the polarizing figure in Nova Scotia politics that he is today?

If our ratings increase this year, I will send Bill Casey some flowers or something. Everyone wants to talk about Bill, listeners, politicians, everyone has something to say about Bill Casey. I think he's amazing. I think he did what the Premier asked him to do and now, like someone who doesn't stand for anything, the Premier is stabbing him in the back. I hope DD and SM pick up on this lack of moral fibre in the next election. Let me just say this: I knew I liked Murray Scott.

Besides Bill, there was an incredible story of strength in the Daily News today. The 44-year old victim who was beaten, raped and left for dead at the gas station in Dartmouth faced her attacker in court yesterday. She said: "He didn't beat me, and he'll never beat me". I was incredibly moved by that statement. I don't know if I would have the courage to even crawl out of bed after something so horrific, and yet this woman has the strongest spirit and isn't willing to give up on life, despite the fact it dealt her this blow. "I'm not dead. I'm very much alive". I want to tell this woman she is an inspiration, she's amazing and she gives me hope. I hope this guy rots and is never let out of jail again.

So sad about the guy who died on his bike yesterday. On the Daily News website, so many of the comments focused on the fact he was riding on the sidewalk. I'm sorry, but whenever I bike, there are certain roads I will not get on the road. One is Robie Street. With all the buses and huge trucks whipping by, I'm too scared! I don't care if get a ticket, I am too damn scared to bike on that road. We need more bike lanes, that is the understatement of the century.

Ah...Peter Mackay. Now he says since we've put this offshore mess behind us, there's a good chance this Atlantic Gateway will go through. Thanks for confirming what we already knew - the Prime Minister is petty, vindictive and you essentially have to breathlessly say "Yes, Prime Minister, you're so right Prime Minister" or else you are essentially S.O.L. Caller Dave was the epitome of sarcasm today when he was talking about MacKay and said absolutely dripping with sarcasm "He's soooo great". It was classic.

A caller wanted me to pass on that she had seen DRUM and that is was excellent and that it closes this Sunday! So, try to see it while you still have a chance!

Pamela Wallin? Pamela freakin' Wallin? I agree with John Manley, but shouldn't there be some sort of representative from the military on the panel? I'm against Pamela the same way I'm against even someone like Rick or Steve Murphy being on the panel. They are smart people with lots of opinions, but military tacticians they aren't! Is there not some female high-ranking official that could have rounded out the political hacks?? Unreal!!!!

Anyway.....sorry this is a little late today. Busy day!! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for another amazing week on the Hotline!

Take care,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Good evening Amber...how the hell are ya?

Well it appears that when Rick read my e mail to Hammbone that many Capers were listening in. your Cape connection seems to be expanding....thats good...lots happening down here..

This Democracy 250 just pisses me right off...the gaul of these struggeling political parties to try to bullshit the people into believing they are seriously interested in knowing why they arn't coming out to vote....surely if they , were listening as they say they were when they were in, then they certainly didn't get the message...real con-artist....all 3 parties, and maybe more....they are all the same with maybe the Marijaunna Party...now mind you on some of the allowances these politicans get, they could buy some real high grade quality pot from all over the friggen world....we could make Cape Breton the Amsterdam of Canada....according to the RCMP( royal canadian marijauna police) we grow a lot here and well tourism is down because of the strip mining and tar ponds, so why not.....Halifax the number one spot for gays and CB for pot.....sounds perfect to me....who would be the Premier? Not Rodney....he would say he didn't inhale....

I think the election would be pretty straight forward...every body raise their hands...yes or no....in Louisbourg some years back they picked the mayor for the town, out of a hat. so yeah I see the whole sceme as workable.....do you think we could get a loan from Benedict Peter???ACOA...We could have his nose represent a campaigne of some sort...the great sniffer....naw, he probably wouldn't inhale either.....my God he would be talking to strange dogs if he inhalded....wait a min .....ummmm

later kid.....hear you on Mon....again what size feet are on Howe?????I am coming to Halifax the end of the month.....Mon the 30th....might pop by , say hello and fullfill the bribe with socks.LOLOLOL