Thursday, October 25, 2007

Total exhaustion

I don't know what it is, but I think I may have answered more phone calls today than I have since the new season began. David Phillips is like the Elvis of the weather world and everyone wanted to talk to him and win his calendar! For those who didn't win, it is available at most bookstores and it is awesome. The pics are stunning and it makes you realize how lucky we are to live in Canada! (If you didn't already!) Dave is a great guy and he's from Windsor, Ontario, so obviously he's cool! Although I agree with caller Sandy that this fall weather we've been having is awesome, I am looking forward to the first "killing frost" so that my allergies stop acting up! I'm sure you've probably heard me sneezing or blowing my nose during the show. My allergies are out of control and I know I'm not alone.

How about that police chase yesterday? I'm so glad no one was hurt, except the suspect, of course. What total drama! It certainly made for a busy afternoon, that's for sure. Apparently, multiple charges are pending. Lots of other news today too - Deep Panuke is going ahead, the Stock bus driver who left the kids on the side of the road has resigned his position - before they could fire him.

Gene mis-spoke slightly today which was kind of funny. He said a video of something should be posted on "Facetube". It was also kind of strange, as Rick agreed with Gene, not once, but twice in a 30 second time frame. Is it a full moon??? Gene was also shocked Delores agreed with him during the Rick, Brian and Deb preamble.

I know I may get some calls/comments on this, but that Woody thing at Mic Mac Mall was horrific. It was terrifying, yet oddly mesmerizing. I understand how some could be upset, if they had been seeing it since childhood and all, but it's really creepy and I'm not all that bothered that I don't have to see it this winter. Sorry!

I have some really sad news to share with you. You know Joan, who always spars with Cecil? Well, she called today and her husband is really, really sick. I told her I would pray for him and so I would ask you to keep them in your thoughts. Joan is a sweet, sweet lady and was really upset today, so I certainly hope he gets better. Good luck, we love you Joan.

Have a good one,

Amber

No comments: