Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Post Thanksgiving malaise

That's what I'm attributing the show 1st hour to - people fatigued from eating so much turkey over the weekend that no one had the strength to pick up the phone!

This parent bullying story is just crazy. I'm hoping the newspapers will be printing more info tomorrow after the Hotline broke the fact police consider this a sort of "reverse bullying" case. Here is the article from the Chronicle-Herald...so I'm sure we will be hearing more about this in the coming week.


http://thechronicleherald.ca/Front/937195.html

We had Barb Stegemann in for the last half hour of the show and wow, what a dynamic person!! It was great to listen to her and she was so fresh and was a straight talker, I really enjoyed it. She was nice too, which is always a bonus! Here is the link to her new book coming out next March and if you click on "Meet the author" you will find her e-mail address in order to help her on her crusade to cure the world of the cancer that is bullying. Good luck, Barb!

I wonder if Scott Logan will ever come out with a book on his side of the Commonwealth games bid. Tim Bousquet, the Coast writer was in during hour number 2, and says he's been trying to track down Scott Logan. I think that would be an incredible interview, to see if he's become embittered by the process. I mean, he was just doing the job he was asked to do - bring the games to Halifax, and I think a lot of what went wrong was dumped on his shoulders. That's got to sting, even now.

Richard had a great line today when talking about water pollution and the fact there are munitions and chemical weapons buried in our oceans and even the Bras d'or lakes. He said no wonder whales beach themselves -- they want to get the hell out of there! Sad, but true.

So...you have your chance to ask 2 liberal MPs about their leader's crumbling support tomorrow! The very affable Mike Savage will be in with Geoff Regan during hour number 2.

Talk to you then!

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Good evening Amber....Your lookin good.

Todays show was by far more interesting than as of lately.

If you happened to catch the CBC news this evening you saw some of what Miles Kehoe was talking about today. What I found interesting was in the news clip they not once mentioned the dumps off CB and in the Bras D'or Lakes....Only Halifax....where most of this crap came from...

With the oceans warming up from power plants pumping hot water into them on a 24 hr basis and toxins being added through sewage pumped into the ocean as well, chemical waste, munitions, nerve gases, mustard gases, and God only knows what else they havn't told us about.

People have asked me why I go on the Rick Howe show and write letters to the editor and such and I generaly reply by saying, " I'm 55 and may not see 56 and I have a lot to say"

Yes I am 55....probably older than Rick so he should repect his elders.LOL.. and I never wear white socks....you hear me Rick!!Never...

I'll be tuning in again tomorrow and no doubt will have something to say. I usually do....somebody has to say something....and I know the Premier's office always has some wannabee listening in an taking notes...and gets paid to do so....what a laugh these politicans are...

Imagine, most people do not trust insurance agents, financial advisers, but they believe everything that comes out of a politican's flapping yap....Blows me away....

My son was bullied in school because he was a competitive highland dancer...he wore a kilt...and yet was bullied by Scottish decented punks.
He is 25 now and a Rougneck on the oil rigs out of Edmonton...they wouldn't bully him now I can tell you...His nickname is "Dancer" because of his dancing and skateboard skills.....they came in handy for moving quickly on an oil rig platform....there were times he didn't want to go to school because of the taunting.

That was a big issue at the time with me calling the school principal and him doing nothing...he must have been blind....but he wanted a clean record of running a tight school...he had asperations of advancing to management....i broke that record for him and went over his head to the school board and reported him for not taking and steps on bulling when there was suppose to be a zero tolerance.

Anyhoot till tomorrow. have a good one....