Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rick's not running for mayor

During the half hour run-up to the Hotline with Brian and Deb yesterday, Deb jokingly stated Rick was going to, today, announce his candidacy for Mayor. I'm sorry to have to inform you - that was a joke. He's very happy doing his current job, but I agree, he would be an excellent candidate!

Big kudos to Bill Estabrooks. He was a great education critic, having worked as a principal for many years, but he wanted a new challenge. He is now the justice critic and one of his key reasons for wanting that job is to keep the Paula Gallant murder in the forefront of people's minds. Can you believe it's almost been 2 years since her body was found in the trunk of her car at the B-L-T school? The case is incredibly sad and kudos to Frank Magazine for keeping the issue in the spotlight as well. Good luck, Bill!

I went to send a huge Hotline hiss (I don't know what we usually say when we're disgusted by something) to Peter Mackay. We listened to his exchange with Bill Casey yesterday in the House. It was gross. Bill was asking reasonable questions and Peter Mackay, of course, takes it to the lowest level possible.


Trivia was so much fun during the second hour. We had tonnes of calls and Lloyd was our big winner! Congrats, Lloyd. I think was a decent lifeline today. I was on a roll, but then Andrew called and jinxed me!!! I love playing trivia, so I was happy when Rick said we would be playing it again sometime before Christmas. Seriously, who cares about Wilf Carter? (No offense to his family or anything).

A running gag that has me cracking up every time is when Rick says, "Gary Meade -who? Garry Meade - who?" It's just so incredibly hilarious because seriously - "Garry Meade - who?"

Just wondering: How many times is Sheila Fougere going to announce she's running for Mayor?

Oh yeah, before I forget, we don't ask for much on the show, but if you're half naked when you're calling us, could you keep it to yourself? Thanks, Ray!!!!!!

Friday tomorrow - can't wait! We're going to have Bill Spurr, who is the restaurant critic for the Chronicle-Herald in, so it's going to be fun. The only downside is that at noon, I'm going to be starving after talking about the delicious food Halifax has to offer! Plus, Rodenhiser in the first hour!

Take care,

Amber

No comments: