Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Flu shot blues

I got a flu shot this morning and I haven't felt right since!

My head is pounding...and no amount of medication is helping!

Nothing happened last year when I got it, but this year, yikes. Rick was very comforting. He said something like, "I told you not to get a flu shot!"

Anyway....it's Halloween. Bill Jessome was in with some creepy stories during the last half hour of the show. I enjoy his stories so much, I should go buy his book. He's a really nice man and it was great to see him again. He was in this summer for an hour with Yvonne.

So, we're monitoring this tropical storm that could be headed our way. It's Noel and at the least, it's going to give us a wet, windy weekend.

John Boileau was in during hour number 2 talking about Afghanistan. He's got a new book called "Historic Eastern Passage". His article in the Daily News is quite gripping today too...check it out! John agreed with Delores and very candidly admitted he has no respect for politicians. Join the club!

As I was coming in this morning, I go up the stairs and I see this stranger come towards me. It took me a minute, but it was Dave Rodenhiser. He sits in on another radio show on Wednesday mornings, but he was pretty unrecognizable. He said Rick walked by right him and didn't even know it was him! I'm not exactly sure what his costume was though. At first I thought he was a German guy from Bavaria, because he had on a felt hat and had this Lanny MacDonald type moustache. Then he took his coat off and he had on a pinstriped suit and a bow tie. So, I'm not sure if he was a gangster or a carnival barker. I'm sure he'll explain on Friday. A few people on the show, including John Boileau, told Rick they liked his costume. Problem was, he wasn't wearing one!

I also laughed when Rick was talking about when he used to frequent the downtown area for cheap drinks. He affectionately refered to that time as his "stud years".

I'm going to try and get rid of this headache!!

Happy Halloween!

Amber

2 comments:

Mr.k said...

Good morning Amber....Your lookin good..

Bill Jessome has a vaste amount of stories to tell. Unfortunitly it is getting difficult to understand him. so buy his books....

Talk about cheap drinks....we used to get drinks at the US Navy Base in Argentia Nfld...20 cents a shot....that was during the days when I thought I could drink...I really couldn't drink well, but I sure tried....I haven't had a drink of my favourite Scotch, Glennfidich, in probably 10yrs or more now....and I don't miss it..the part about drinking and getting sick everytime....but when you are young kids don't think they can get sick or hurt...but they do....do you realize how many kids woke up this am, I mean this afternoon, late afternoon, and found themselves completly broke...maxed out on their student Visa....not good....my God we didn't even have credit cards then....better not go there...

So hopefully tomorrow am I will be tuning in to the Rick Howe show and listening to the many concerns that so many different people have.

But the CATS have to stop....very very boring....there are nuculer subs off our coast and the good people of HRM are concerned about a cat by-law...something wrong with that pic.

Anyhow kid, I hope you have a great day and don't forget to smile in a big way.

I guess I will be missing the show on Friday...I am having some surgery on Friday, but will no doubt be tuning in on Monday....

One final comment on politicans....seems the Auditor General may be taking a a close look at the Immigration scandle.
Wasn't Rodney, when he was minister of immigration suppose to take a look at what was going on in that dept.? But he didn't....shunned his responsibilities again....For a government who talks about accountability he seems to have more to be accountable than anybody in his government. The Fage case he will have to go to court to tell his story, which based on his track record, will probably be all lies.

And with the Immigration scandle he will probably blame his Deputy Minister.

Time to put Rodney" The Fiddling Finch" on the endangered species list with Rev. "'my old man was a chicken hawk and I want to be a chicken hawk".

We had a total of 7 kids at our door tonight....they all got chips and cheesies, and treat bags(minus the coffee crisp bars) don't tell anyone....Promise????Beside chocolate is not good for kids...makes them hyper...makes me happy....

later kid...SMILE

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

Good luck with your surgery, Richard!!

Get well soon!!

Cheers,

Amber