Thursday, February 28, 2008

Racist, Sexist, Homophobic

To me, there's not a lot of difference. Some people accused Rick of being a little more forgiving towards the hockey team at Lockview for their sexist and homophobic comments, plus he knew some of the boys involved. I asked Rick after the show if he thought it might be different if the students came from Dartmouth High or someplace different. I agree that I've heard much more offensive things, but I'm in agreement with everyone that it should have never been published. Whose head that falls on, well, that's another thing. I guess whoever saw the program last, if that was the coach, well, okay. From what Rick said about his conservation with Kevin Brown's wife this morning, they sound ticked enough to seem like Brown may be taking a fall for another person??

This Chuck Cadman story really sickens me. I respected him so much when he stood up the Liberals 3 years ago. I actually cried because there was this pause, and then he stood up. I swear, I'll probably name my kid Cadman or something because in that moment, he was a star. Anyway, the allegations that the Conservatives tried to bribe him with a million dollar life insurance policy when he was dying of cancer is insane. But then Rick said Cadman's wife was running as a Conservative in the next federal election. Then I started thinking, is she backing the claim in this book to get her name out there, generate some sympathy for votes for her campaign? See, this is what the Hotline does to you. Nothing is black and white, there is a conspiracy behind everything! Life used to be simple before the Hotline!

I received a call from a new listener off the air today. She says she loves the show and says Rick does such a good job stirring up a hornet's nest sometimes that she just sits back and "giggles". Not going to lie - I do the same thing! You guys hear me though because I don't giggle, I full out guffaw.

Hey, if you want to check out an Op-Ed piece written by Duff Conacher of Democracy Watch on the prevalence of vote buying - click here: www.dwatch.ca.

About Robert Latimer - I'm happy he received day parole. He's a simple farmer, I bet he'll want to be out of the spotlight, I highly doubt he's going to go Kevorkian on us and advocate mercy killing.

Anyway.....gotta write some news!

Have a good one...Friday tomorrow - yee haw, as the Rickster likes to say!

Take care,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unless you have seen your own child suffer this way, then you are in no position to pass judgment on Robert Latimer. I neither condemn nor condone what he did, but rather I pity him for finding himself in a circumstance where he felt this was the best solution.

Please, let's all show the proper amount of respect for the value of life, while appreciating that the majority of us are lucky enough to not understand the impact of the situation that this family was in.

Unless you can truly walk in one mans shoes who are we to judge?

Lee