Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August 1st

It's hard to believe we're into the home stretch of 2007. I cannot believe it's August already! I'm actually really looking forward to the fall. It's my favourite time of year, and I like to be busy. It will be the 10th year for Rick hosting the Hotline, and I'm hoping to fill you in soon on some great things planned. Stay tuned!!

That's certainly a shame about the pregnant woman who was stabbed yesterday, isn't it? The Daily News article is absolutely riveting, about how she could have died had that woman not been walking in the neighbourhood. It kind of makes me want to get a cell phone. As annoying as they are, they are important in an emergency! The woman is listed in serious condition, so I hope she recovers and can move on with her life.

Well, it's very steamy outside, which is stunting my motivation to write anything interesting!! Caller Tim and I have this ongoing joke going on that when I go to Germany in 3 weeks, I should probably just stay there! He says when I went to N.B. the weather miraculously got better in N.S.! He says they've taken up a collection and I can imagine some people would love to make a donation!! But, I'll be back. Nothing could tear me away from my beloved Hotline!

So, stay cool, and I'll chat with you tomorrow!

Take care,

Amber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you should get a cell-phone... welcome to 2007! :)

Don(ald)

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

i know!!! everyone makes fun of me for not having one!!

thanks for reading, don!

cheers,

amber