Friday, August 3, 2007

Long weekend ahead!!

As Councillor Patrick Murphy told us, there is so much to do this long weekend!!

Be sure to log on to: www.natalday.org for the complete list of activities.

So far...even the weather looks like it's going to hold. The fireworks are on Saturday night starting at 10 o' clock, with the rain date set for Sunday.

Yvonne came in for a chat about what's she's doing on the Hotline. She's going to have John Buchanan on for Wednesday. As I've blogged about in the past, I was charmed by Mr. Buchanan and am looking forward to being charmed again! Yvonne's really excited about that interview and what she has planned for the rest of the 2 weeks. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Did you hear what Yvonne went through trying to get the Premier on the Hotline? She says Sasha Irving never even called her back. I remember when S.I. told me the Premier would "never be doing Rick's show". Why, I inquired. "Because I've advised him not to." Oh, okay. As Yvonne pointed out, Rick treats every guest with almost reverence! He is so respectful and the Premier should know that, as he has appeared before and I wouldn't say he was battered and beaten afterwards. It was a good hour. I remember meeting the Premier though, he seemed very nervous. I get that vibe from him when I see him on TV too.

Well, I'm going to keep this short and sweet today...but a longer blog on Tuesday, I promise.

Don't forget...we're off Monday but back on Tuesday with Yvonne.

Have a wonderful, safe weekend.

Cheers,

Amber

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.

RE: Unions

I thought the guest you had on the Hotline Show to day did a very good Job and was well informed. Further more agree or disagree both he and Alex allowed others to express their opinions.

There can be little doubt that Unions have done a great deal for Society and for Workers in General, Again agree or disagree the fact of the matter is as a Worker I know what I want for me and my family that is a good Paying Job, That allows me to put food on the table and a roof over our heads.

It is a fact the Rich are getting Richer and Unfortunalety the Middle Class is disappearing, Something we should all be concerned with!

Upon Rick's return I hope at some point he will revisit this particular topic.

As always I enjoy listening to the Show.

Thank you.

Sean.

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

Hi Sean,

I hope Rick re-visits it too. I have a union and I'm so glad I do!! I've worked without unions and with unions and I much prefer it with.

Thank you for listening, and reading!

Have a great long weekend,

Amber

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

Hi Sean,

I hope Rick re-visits it too. I have a union and I'm so glad I do!! I've worked without unions and with unions and I much prefer it with.

Thank you for listening, and reading!

Have a great long weekend,

Amber

Anonymous said...

Amber.

I just arrived home from a Long day at Work. I wanted to say that I was listening to the "Union" Show this Morning and thought it was extremely enjoyable!

Tara

Anonymous said...

Dear Hotline.

My Wife and I were listening to the Show this Morning the guest you had this Morning was bang on!

I am proud to say we are both retired but thanks to our Union, We both enjoy a good Pension & income We can Live on.

Thanks to our Union.

Eric & Helen

Anonymous said...

Dear Hotline.

Re: Unions!

I can tell you first hand I went from thinking I would never need a Union. To because of the actions of my current Employer calling one
myself asking how I/We could be Unionized.

I'm proud to say I made that call Six years ago, both parties get along better now then we ever did, thanks to our collective agreement.

Anonymous said...

Hello.

Speaking from my own experience if my Union had not went to Court to save my Job I know for a fact I would not have my Job to day. The good news is that was 18 years ago something I can tell you I have never forgot.

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

I would like to thank both you and Alex for the opportunity to be on the Show this Morning.

In my on going effort to keep you in Germany longer I will do my best this weekend to raise money for you. This hurts but the Show is better with you then it is without you, What have I just said or done.

As always keep up the good work and have a great weekend.

Cheers.

Tim
UFCW Canada

Anonymous said...

In response to your show to day our family had a very good discssion tonight during dinner. My Son now wants to know how he becomes Unionized.

thanks.

Anonymous said...

Alex.

During your show to day you made reference to your coverage of Unions issues. I would suggest that does not make you an Expert nor does Covering Sports make You an athlete.

Shane.

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

Tim,

You are too kind!!

Have a great long weekend,

Amber

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!!

Anonymous said...

Hotline.

In response to your "Union" Show yesterday let us begin by saying there are always Pro's & Con's to everything but if we could choose between a Unionized Workplace and Non Unionized Work place.

We would take and perfer the latter Every time. We found out early on in our employment that having a Union allows you Collective agreement with, Good Wages, Benefits, Pension and Stucture, We Enjoyed Show yesterday.

Sara & Tara

Anonymous said...

Amber

Good Afternoon.

Thanks for the kind words!

Enjoy.

Tim
UFCW Canada