Friday, August 10, 2007

I think it's going to be a great day....

Yvonne started out the Hotline with those words and they proved prophetic. It was a great day on the show with lots of great calls and interesting topics.

Off the top, Yvonne spoke with Lyida Houck. I swear, I am this little girl's biggest fan!! She blew me away yesterday when I used one of her clips on C100 news and hearing her interview with Yvonne today was amazing. There are great kids out there and one of them is named Lydia Houck! So passionate, so eloquent at the age of 9. I'm proud of her and I'm not even related to her. Her issue is so.....antiquated? They designed an all-boys camp to hike, fish and golf and designed an all girls camp called "Glamourous girls" where they go to the spa and get manicures and pedicures?! Lydia simply said she wanted to enjoy the outdoors and not be stuck inside during the best time of the year in Nova Scotia. Fair enough, don't you think? Hey, this is 2007. Some girls like fishing and hello, some guys like manicures!! Segregating the two and assuming only girls like pink and boys like blue is just so completely old-fashioned, you almost have to laugh. So, as Yvonne said, "You go girl!" Lydia Houck for president of the world!!

Then Yvonne had a chat with Peter Stoffer, which was great, as per usual. P.S. is just so knowledgeable and when you combine that with his passion, it's a winning combination for an MP, so you see why he keeps winning his seat of Sackville-Eastern Shore. I can't wait until Joyce Carter goes to Ottawa again to confront the P.M. I know it's kind of sadistic, but it was funny watching this feisty lady make Stephen Harper squirm.

I don't mean to go in chronological order with the callers, but then Ian called! He just got back from vacation, so he was relaxed, but of course one listens to the Hotline and instantly gets fired up. I am totally 100% behind Ian on this one. He's being attacked as an individual. I hope Truro raises the gay pride flag. It's a small move, but such an important one to be inclusive. Even the Truro councillors didn't realize the Mayor's religious beliefs were behind the move, so we'll see what happens. Fly the flag!! Take the poll question today and tell me what you think! I would point you in the direction of this incredible column from David Rodenhiser.

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=45878&sc=93


During hour number 2, the ladies of Just Between Us were in and what a great hour it was! We got a tonne of calls, most of them from men! I think we had 3 women call and about 8 men, who all say they loved the show. You can check out their website here:

http://www.betweenus.ca/

You can catch the new show tomorrow at 12 on All Oldies, All the time 92 CJCH!! I just found out they have a Just Between Us blog too, so you can check that out too.

Well, that's it from me this week. After hearing Delores' call, let's try to treat each other with respect. We love you Delores and think you are awesome, exactly as you are.

Have a great weekend!

Amber

No comments: