Monday, August 27, 2007

Living in a paranoid world

Are we? Are we a bunch of conspiracy theorists? Rick tried to play devil's advocate when speaking with Rick Clarke and Cliff White about the Security and Prosperity Partnership. He wanted to know if they were making a mountain out of a molehill. I guess since everything has been done so secretively, the questions they are asking are extremely valid!

For more information on what the Council of Canadians says about the controversial S.P.P., you can click on www.canadians.org.

So, I come back from vacation and was shocked by all the things that happened. More shocking crime including 4 security guards stabbed at the Forum and the woman sexually assaulted at the Ultramar in Dartmouth. It's just sickening. This laundry story at the Q-E-2 was crazy too! Thanks to the Hotline we heard about concerns from patients about people sitting around in dirty laundry (probably not the best thing for sick people to do). Apparently, the company that contracted out the laundry had to take too many breaks and essentially, they fell behind but have assured the public it is entirely fixed. However, someone called me off air and told me they work for Capital Health and ever since they started contracting out laundry in the late 1990s, it has been an issue.

Rick spoke to a woman today who was part of a demonstration calling on government to legislate having 2 people work the backshift. It comes after that vicious assault against the 44-year old woman. For more information on their cause you can e-mail: safershifts@yahoo.com. As much as I think having 2 people working is a good idea, I'm not sure if it's going to eliminate crime against them. Banks get robbed and they have more than 1 person on staff. One of my friends suggested tackling the root causes of crime in order to stop the criminals; I think that's a novel idea that not many politicians are talking about!

So...how about this new website about the Mayor? It's www.dumpkelly.com. I got the e-mail from Bruce DeVenne who says he is not behind it! Check it out...what do you think? It certainly looks professional. Who do you think could be behind it?

It looks like I missed a lot last week, Peter Duffy, the Rodenhiser and Sue Uteck calling the Mayor a liar on the air? Yikes!! It's going to be a great week though. Bobby Smith and Steve Murphy will be guests with Rick this week.

As Rick mentioned, I was in Munich last week and I am feeling very jet lagged today, so forgive any typos!!!!! It was a great time though and maybe I'll post some pics later on.

Have a great day and see you tomorrow!

Amber

P.S. To check out the website for the new teen magazine that will be published in December, click on www.talknowteens.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

I wanted to let you know I met with Joey Dipenta to day.Thanks for all you help.

Cheers.

Tim
UFCW Canada