Tuesday, August 7, 2007

He's a jerk, but....

That was caller Barry's assessment of Prime Minister Harper. His point was that Danny Williams disrespected the PM by calling him Steve and despite the fact he's a "jerk", he deserves respect as the Prime Minister of Canada. I think it's so interesting - no one calls the Hotline defending Harper or Premier Rodney MacDonald. Please, someone call and defend these guys. They are in power for a reason, and I want to hear what those reasons are!

So, it was Yvonne's first day and it was a great show! I found it very interesting to listen to Kelly Regan and Andrea Pottyondy today. It was just nice to hear that other perspective instead of just listening to the politicians. It was kind of neat that before Caroline did her 9am news, in the studio it was all women! Yvonne, myself, Deb, Caroline, Andrea and Kelly! If you missed it, Kelly is married to Geoff Regan and Andrea is married to Peter Stoffer. They are both dynamic women and I enjoyed meeting them very much.

I think Andrea made the best point and it's a point I've made to Rick several times - we are all humans and to "over"classify people as men and women is wrong. What I mean is when Rick says someone is a bad female driver, I don't believe gender should play a role.

Gene was pretty mild-mannered today, eh? He told us the Mayor in Truro isn't wrong for having his beliefs, but wrong for trying to impose them on other people. What do you make about that whole controversy? There's a Facebook group set up to petition the mayor to change his mind. Apparently, Bill Mills is on vacation for 2 weeks; at least that's what they told Yvonne when she tried to call and get him on the show.

Yvonne talked about crime today and what I wouldn't give to come in every morning and have no media report from the police. Sadly though, it was very long this weekend with a tonne of very unfortunate events like swarmings and the death of an innocent kitten. I've been keeping my crime stats since the beginning of the year, so I'm hoping to make some time to write my half year report. Stay tuned!

I'm stunned by the suggestion that people that speed and race their cars on the streets of metro would stop doing it if there was a private track on which they could race. Uh, it's called Scotia
Speedworld, F-1, Nascar - if you're so interested in racing, become a professional. Risk your own life with people who want to do the same. Don't risk the lives of innocent people just because you want to feel cool and race your car. I can't even believe the Chronicle-Herald entertained that idea in an editorial today! How incredibly disrespectful to the family who just lost their daughter!

Anyway...I could go on, but I'll leave it at that today.

Tune into tomorrow and have your say on the Hotline!!

John Buchanan will be in with Yvonne during the first hour.

Cheers!

Amber

No comments: