Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Good for your blood circulation!

God love the mayor.

He purposely comes in just in the nick of time for every in studio interview. He does it because he knows it drives Rick crazy. Rick paces around the hallway, orders me to call the Mayor on his cell and tell him to "get his butt in here" and it's just hilarious because Rick normally pretty unfazed by everything. So, the Mayor comes in with this mischievious smile and Rick is freaking out and the Mayor says, "Rick, it's good for your blood circulation". Ha ha! It was great. Plus, the Mayor brought us some truffles, so he can't be all that bad!

Caller Kim made a pretty valid point today about elections. It is pretty sad that the newest member of city council received 600 votes of a possible 12-thousand! Something about that doesn't seem right, does it? I think Jackie Barkhouse took some unfair hits on the show today, but hey, welcome to politics - it's a dirty business.

Here is some breaking news for ya - Ernie Fage will NOT be allowed to run as a Conservative in the next election. Rodney is not sticking by his man for a third time, which I think is the smart thing to do.

In other political news, I've got to give the Liberals some props. I've come down pretty hard on Stephen MacNeil in this blog, but with the help of the Tories, the Liberals got a lot of good ink this very short session and are trumpeting their accomplishments with a very effective ad in the Daily News today.

Very exciting - we will be announcing our 2007 Hotline Nova Scotian of the Year tomorrow! It's Rick's last show, Yvonne will be filling in on Thursday and Friday. So...scroll down a bit on the blog and cast your vote! Apparently Rick will be on the CTV news tonight with Steve Murphy - check it out!

Well, that's it from me today. Be sure to tune in for Rick's last show of 2007!!

Cheers and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Amber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really have a dislike for gene for his coments on women in public office.
They are no differnt then men and I have a problem with his yap on any ony one who votes NDP is a communism.
gene if you ever said that to me you would be looking at a U hul truck in your drive way.
I am going to tell you what tories mean. Outlaw,Bandit and Rober.
I guess you fit well with that.
Oh yeh I remember November 11 1984
in Ottawa when brian mulroney turned his back on the dead who were fighting in world war II
after laying down a reef at the war Memorial.
That was showen on cbc in 1984.
But what make me sick not much was said about that at all.
Explan the gene. you are not very brite when I hear you on the radio in the way you talk.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT

Unknown said...

yeah ! RiCkStEr is coming to P.E.I. , i can give him his xmas gift in person ,(*.*) we haaaa !

Unknown said...

yeah ! RiCkStEr is coming to P.E.I. , i can give him his xmas gift in person ,(*.*) we haaaa !