Thursday, December 20, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

It is really snowing right now, but it's not bugging me. Snow around Christmas is pretty much the only time it's acceptable. Yes, I know, I live in the wrong province! Cindy Day absolutely loves snow and I think her love it might be rubbing off on me! It does look kind of pretty outside, it would look prettier if I were at home with my Christmas tree and not at work!

Yvonne had a great show today! I wasn't surprised - she's such a pro! A huge line-up to start at 10 to speak to her - if you got a busy signal that's why. We had an interesting political discussion with Mike Savage and Alexa McDonough during hour number 2. Alexa's disdain for Brian Mulroney was kind of obvious, wasn't it? We totally switched gears and spoke about what Mike Savage had wanted to talk about - Christmas!! We heard lots of Christmas stories during the third hour which was really nice. We gave away three copies of Bruce Nunn's latest book called Buddy the Bluenose Reindeer and the Boston Christmas Tree Adventure. It looks like a really great book, here is the link:

http://www.nimbus.ns.ca/Store/CatalogItem/tabid/904/ProductID/4873/Default.aspx

Here is his website if you want to check it out:

http://www.geocities.com/mrnsknowitall/main.htm

It was a fun hour and in the newsroom after the Hotline, Bruce's mom called and wanted to speak with Yvonne. She wanted to tell her how much she enjoyed the hour! Thanks, Bruce's mom!

Tomorrow is going to be so great. Santa Claus will be our special guest during the second hour of the show. It is always so great to hear the kids talking to Santa and giving their Christmas lists, etc. I can't wait! That starts at 11...it's sure to be busy, so just keep trying if you get a busy signal.

Be sure to tune in - it's the last Hotline show of 2007! I don't even think I could put into words how fast this year has gone by. It's been an absolute blast though, big thanks to Rick and Yvonne for lots of fun times this year!

Talk to you tomorrow!

Merry Christmas!

Amber

No comments: