Friday, December 14, 2007

I missed it!

I can't believe it. After plugging Rick's appearance on Cecil's show yesterday - I completely forgot to tune in!! Apparently, Rick did well and I'll definitely have to catch part two next week on Eastlink.

Cecil made an appearance on our show during hour number 2 and it was a fun hour. It's always great having Cecil in - he loves giving it to Rick and I love hearing it! He threw out the ultimate insult to Rick - bringing up his beloved Montreal Expos. I had to play the feral cat sound effect for that one. Touche!

A pretty good day today, lots of different issues from an elderly man losing his Santa garb to the closing of the MacTara mill. How horrible...finding out you're losing your job with 2 weeks before Christmas. Yikes. Another caller talked to us about pet stores and the fact one local stores had dead fish floating in the tank. When he pointed this out to an employee, the guy told him that's how that particular breed swims! Uh, okay. As Rick called them, the "upside down floating dead fish" variety.

A big congrats to Keith LeBlanc who was the winner of legislature poll. He guessed 16 days and a short 16 days it was. Looks like Nova Scotia is well on its way to being the province where the MLAs serve the least amount of time in the legislature! Congrats to us!

Anyway, it's Friday! When Rick wrapped up the show and started talking about having a good weekend, I was stunned - this week went by so fast!!

Have a great weekend - be patient out there. There is some snow on the way for tonight and we're getting a Nor'easter starting Sunday afternoon - could see up to 30 centimetres according to my friend Cindy Day!

Merry Christmas,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Hi there Amber...

Much better reception today.

I to meant to tune into the Cecil & Rick Show last night ,but forgot....comes with age....

I did enjoy listening to them today on the show. Good humour..

I think someone else deserves a great big recognition for doing a wonderful thing and that a regular caller, Pat.
She did a wonderful thing by coming forward and getting the help for Heather that she needed. Pat sounds like someone who would go out of her way to help in any way that she can. Good for her. Damn good..
She deserves a Christmas miracle. I hope she does..she deserves a break. Unlike Brian Mulroney.

I love seeing these politicans squirm. Such high and mighty pillars of the country. and the pillars come crashing down.

As bad as some people felt Trudeau was, i don't recall him being brought before any committee to defend his actions. I could be wrong.

I guess when Brian passes on he will get a state funeral for being a former Prime Minister. Again the family gets away with not having to pay for a funeral...when the day comes....it comes to everybody...

Funny thing is that when his day does come will he have to answer questions from St Peter or the Devil. Do you think either one of them will believe his lies as well?

He says over and over that he admits he made a bad error.
One that he got caught for.

I'm willing to bet that Brians error has many lawyers, politicans and beaurcrats squirming.

I'm willing to bet that there none of the 3 in Heaven. They could never get past St Peter. Unless he is a graduate of St. of X and then all"the arse lickers of Satan" are in.