Friday, December 21, 2007

Are you watching me up there?

That was one question asked to Santa Claus during by a little boy named Cameron. Yvonne and I nearly died listening to all the kids during hour number 2 - it was so cute! I love the innocence and kids and their utter honesty. Santa asked one little girl what she was doing and she said "I'm licking a popsicle". Another kids asked for some "vampire things", it was awesome. Another honest moment was this:

Santa: Do you like school?
Kid: Not really.

He did like gym class though!

It was a great hour and big props to Santa for taking time out of his busy schedule to come talk to the great kids in Halifax. I asked Yvonne to ask Santa how I stood in his book this year and he says I had a couple of dicey moments, but if I'm good for the new few days, I could be in line for a present on December 25th. Thanks, Santa!! I have to definitely echo what Yvonne said when she was asked what she wanted for Christmas. We are so lucky to be able to give and receive gifts that, honestly, we don't even really need. Gratitude is everything and what a great lesson for kids to remember how lucky we really are, with or without the presents.

Despite that - one of the toys mentioned a couple of times was "Butterscotch". You've got to check this thing out:

http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-76471-FurReal-Friends-Butterscotch/dp/B000F2JZKO

My brother and sister-in-law bought it for my niece and she's going to love it. You don't even want to know how many batteries this thing takes. You can actually feed this horse real carrots!!

On a completely unrelated topic, great call from Mohammed today about Muslims in the media. That is something that is definitely an issue. Rick was thinking about doing a show on the topic in the new year, Yvonne says she's going to mention it to him. I think Mohammed definitely had a good point, even though if an Evangelical Christian murdered his daughter because she got pregnant underage or something, religion would definitely be an issue there too. Another issue is reporters always come at something from an angle. They ask why, because their listeners and viewers ask the very same questions. It's an interesting debate and thanks to Mohammed for calling and bringing it up. He sounded incredibly frustrated, it's not hard to see why he would feel that way.

Well, this is going to be my last blog for 2007. It is an honour to work on the Hotline and I'm flattered that anyone wants to read my thoughts after the show. I want to thank you so much for listening, reading the blog, taking the poll and overall being a part of the best call-in talk show in Metro.

I want to wish you the happiest of holidays - whatever you celebrate!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Amber

No comments: