Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's going around

This stupid cold, I mean! Yesterday around 3:30, I started getting the sniffles. No problem. Then 2 hours later, it's a full on cold!! It's not so bad though, my head just feels very heavy. That could be, as I told Rick, on account of my huge brain. Ha!

Hey...you should check out this website that's up and running. Thanks to Will for the heads up today. It's www.citizensforhalifax.ca and it's the new website for the group with the hit list of city councillors in the next election. The website is very civilized though, and does not refer to any upcoming political massacre. Check it out - if you become a "citizen", give us a call on the Hotline and let us know why!

So...Keith Urban is one of the concerts on the Commons next summer. I ran it by my boyfriend who is in the music biz...and he thinks it's going to be a big draw. Rick says Deb thinks he's hot. He's okay, he's a little too pretty for me. Apparently one of the other performers has a hit called "Hold my beer". Harold MacKay told Rick he's working on more concerts for the summer. If the Eagles don't come this year - I fear for us. I fear that we will never hear the end of the Rick wanting to see the Eagles saga. Help us, Harold. It's for the greater good.

That was kind of a shocking statistic today from Doug Hadley that only 30 per cent of students showed up at Auburn Drive today. Is it students taking advantage of the situation or a real fear that there could be another outbreak of violence at the school?

I completely agree with the councillors last night who say forget the fast ferry - and bring on more Metro Link buses! They have proven popular with commuters. One of the most intelligent things I heard was from Chebucto Rd. widening opponent Kevin Moynihan a few weeks back. Why not do a Metro Link bus from Exhibition Park to downtown Halifax? And now they say Clayton Park won't get Metro Link until 2012? Insanity.

I just wanted to mention to anyone who didn't hear - Brian Phillips' surgery for his knees went well! We wish Brian a speedy recovery and cannot wait to hear his one liners on the air again!

Random moment from this year: (from Brian to Ben) "Green side up this time!"

Have a great day!

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the singers name with the hit " Hold My Beer " is Aaron Prichette i probably have spelled his last name wrong but the song is pretty good but anyways i think the words for the song go like this

Hold my Beer, while i kiss your Girlfriend, cause she needs a real man

that's all i know of the song it has a good tune too it i mainly like alittle of everything or music don't have favorites.

yesterday ( December 12th ) was a good show and today is a good show as well !

amber it sounds like your getting a little tired of Rick talking about the Eagles and how he wants them to come to Halifax hahaha i am with rick i hope they come too

why does Rick play the Celine Dion my heart will go on while he is on the Air but yet .... he won't play any songs by The Eagles ????