Friday, September 7, 2007

The Medium

We received LOTS of feedback about medium George LeBlanc who was our guest in the second hour. The lines were jammed with people wanting information about their passed on loved ones and at the same time Rick said he got a tonne of e-mails from some hardcore skeptics or straight up non-believers about the subject. A lot of people felt he was very general, but I thought it was really entertaining! I felt no one was disappointed by what George told them. I'm kinda flaky though, and believe in psychics and that kind of thing. Trust me, if you've spoken to Debbie Young, you'd be a believer too! I'll ask Rick if he's planning to have Debbie on anytime soon, she's definitely one of our most popular Hotline guests! If you'd like to get ahold of George for a private reading, you can call 435-7969 or go to his website: www.spiritedworks.ca. His show goes tonight at the Khyber on Barrington St. at 9:30, then 3 shows tomorrow at 4, 6 and 9, then Sunday at 5:45. Check it out! Tickets are only 8 dollars...and they're available at the door.

It was nice to hear a voice of common sense today on the show...and that voice was Tina Chaulk. She is an amazing person, has a lot of strength and just speaks the truth about what needs to happen in order to make crosswalks safer. She has a vested interest in this, as her daughter Mary-Beth died in a crosswalk. I will definitely put forth the nomination this year: Tina Chaulk for Hotline Nova Scotian of the Year. Unless the legislation allows for physical changes at crosswalks, it will be a complete and utter waste of time.

Rick cracked me up today when he was talking to Charles Cirtwell about education reform. Apparently, Kuwait is copying the Nova Scotia curriculum for its students!! Rick asked Charles if the Kuwaitis were aware in 10 years their students won't be able to add!! HA! I guess it's not really funny though as fact is - we have an absysmal pass rate for basic math skills in N.S. Sad, but true.


There's no word yet on the status of Archie, the dog set to be put down in Colchester County. We tried Mike Smith, but just got voicemail...so we'll see if he gets a last minute reprieve. It is sad. I have a cat, but I can imagine if I had to put him down. I would be devestated and beyond consolation.

Well, on that somewhat depressing note - I'll leave you for this weekend!

Another action packed week on tap next week. I hope you'll be part of it.

Enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: