Thursday, September 27, 2007

A transit strike...great

It's easy for Rick not to be too annoyed that the bus drivers might strike - since he has a car!!!!

Trust me, all my friends still in university are freaking out and this is a major concern for a lot of people!

My gut tells me they won't strike though. They are in a legal strike position as of tomorrow, and they say they won't walk until Monday morning. I think they were waiting for the customers to start complaining to the media etc, let the public pressure start to mount and hopefully get the deal they are looking for over the weekend. Very shrewd!! It's a great plan, if it works out that way.

It does suck for university students who must pay for a U-Pass. If they do strike, most customers have the choice not to buy a bus pass for the month of October. University students are pretty much out of luck, money-wise, if they do go out.

Another super busy day today with 2 councillors in during hour number 2. Steve Streatch and Debbie Hum were in, with Debbie making her first foray into the studio. Lots of different topics were raised including ditches, arenas and such. Rick heard a rumour that Debbie might be one person behind www.dumpkelly.com, but she denied it. Check out Rick's Daily News column tomorrow, that's all I will say on this very juicy subject!

Am I alone in anticipating the 2008 election campaign? Bring it on!

I'm going to need my rest tonight, because whenever Debbie Young is on the phone lines do not stop ringing! With good reason too - she's amazing! Rodenhiser is in during hour number 1 and then Debbie Young, so it promises to be a very busy and very entertaining Friday Free for All!

Have a great one!

Amber

No comments: