Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sorry, Rick...you're not special

Those words were uttered by the new Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Robert Strang. He was a guest during the second hour and the subject came up when Rick was asking if he was special because he's never had the flu! The answer was - no. We heard from Dr. Strang about the fact there is a still a mumps problem in Nova Scotia and what they plan to do to try and eradicate it. We also heard about the upcoming flu season!! I haven't had the flu either and I got my shot for the first time last year. I say better safe than sorry, right?

What do you think about this no hoodies thing at Citadel high? As a hoodie fan, I'm outraged!! Doug Hadley did explain it well though, saying it's a preliminary thing and chances are later students will be able to wear them, just not put the hoods up while in the school which is understandable. As for the student who claims she spent 1200 on hoodies...wow..you got ripped off!!! *Update* I just checked the wire and there's a story saying students at the school can wear hoodies, but they have to keep the hoods down at all times. So...controversy over!

The big issue on the show today was whether this American Bulldog who attacked the young girl in Truro should be put down or not. I saw the interview with the owner, Paula Cooper, yesterday. I'm torn. As Rick said, it wasn't a nip or a snap, it was a full on jaw clenching painful incident. At the same time, I can understand not wanting to see you pet die. Maybe we'll do a poll tomorrow!

This Commonwealth Games spending issue is out of control! As if we have to make an Access to Information request. I'm sure the topic will come up with Fred MacGillivary tomorrow during hour number 2 on the Hotline. Get your questions ready! It's an open hour to start off though and Rick has something that could be really cool for Friday. Stay tuned!

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: