Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shuttin' 'er down

That's what Rick claims he wants to do with winter...and I must say I am with him 100%! I'm so sick of the white stuff already and it's just 2 weeks into the season - I feel like we're staring down a very long few months.....can we have the holidays back again?

Happy New Year to all the Hotline listeners. Chatting with a few of you today, it seems like Santa was nice to you and all is well, so I'm very glad about that. The holidays just went by so fast, at least at my house!

It's good to be back though and we had a busy show today with lots of complaints - which is a good thing. Keep them coming! Tomorrow, you can take a glance into the future with Debbie Young - the resident Hotline psychic. I think she's amazing, and so does everyone else given the amount of calls we get. If you get a busy signal - keep trying!

If you missed the show today, we had a Tory cabinet minister in. Huh - you might be saying, but it's true! Barry Barnet paid us a visit during hour number 2 to talk about the problem drinking issue at the Dome and at other bars too. One thing I'm not cool with is the Dome being ostracized for being the main place with the problem. Although I would never go there, you can't just stop them from selling the dollar drinks - that is so hypocritical!!! I think if they do serve cheaper shots, they should do it for a short period of time. I know there is power hour at the Split Crow and that's dollar drafts - but it's just for an hour. You cannot treat one bar one way and another differently - that's not fair. This Christmas Eve brawl was completely out of control though, there's no doubt about that. I think the bar owners and the patrons share the responsibility, but if someone is going to pre-game and then go out to the bar, well, besides not serving them, there's not a lot bar owners can do about people being morons.

The drug issue is also one I don't think B.B. is really taking a look at. I've been hearing lots of things about illegal drugs in some of the clubs, the main one being cocaine making a major comeback. Cocaine fuels rage and could very well be the cause of some of these issues....it must be looked at too when coming up with this new strategy.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Great to be back though - hope to talk to you guys soon!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: