Thursday, January 10, 2008

John Baird is a useless tool

That was Rick's quote of the day today - for sure. Totally true, as well. I think I might make that a daily blog feature: "Rick's quote of the day". I almost called the blog "these turkeys", caller Bill's description of politicians and how we have to keep an eye on "these turkeys" because they are slowly but surely stripping away our rights. Here, here!

So, don't you just love spring? It's my favourite time of year and I couldn't be more thrilled that it's happening in January! Walking over to get some lunch sans coat was awesome...the sunshine is great too. Just the thing to beat the winter blues - spring!

Hmmm...Brian Lee Crowley. Interesting...the guy is very smart, we'll see what happens in terms of this Crown share. In terms of the federal government's standpoint, I don't think they could have picked a better guy!

I spoke to Rick about this issue before the show; I am so disturbed that the Daily News published all the details about the Jennifer Horne murder. It's one thing for disturbing details to come out in court, it's another thing to put everything out there and destroy the family even further, not to mention taint the jury pool! Can you imagine if your daughter was murdered...and you picked up the newspaper and read every gory detail, down to the fact her throat was slashed? I was horrified when I read the story this morning and how convenient that they disabled the "comments" section on that particular story. It will be interesting to see what Rodenhiser thinks about that tomorrow. I felt sick...I always say "don't blame the media", but this was sensationalism, it was irresponsible and it was wrong. I'm seriously ticked off at the Daily News.

A highlight on the show today was Liberal leader Stephen MacNeil. I'm going to say it - he impressed me today. I liked the message, I liked the delivery, I think the NDP might have a little Liberal competition in the next election. Rick and I agreed - it was awesome! I told him he should lose it more often - it's nice to see some passion! Keep an eye out for next month - apparently S.M. will be playing a game with the Halifax Rainmen, something Darrell Dexter and Barry Barnett have done. He's got the height, let's see if he's got other skills on the court!

Well, I have to write some news....so I will talk to you tomorrow!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: