Friday, January 18, 2008

Love tap

That's what Rick wanted to give to the Premier after a glib response about getting a stat holiday in February. The Premier said "Every day is family day". Whatever.

I really have to tip my hat to the Nova Scotia Liberals. They haven't had a misstep in a long time. Diana Whalen is so strong, says all the right things and they don't sound rehearsed, she's such an asset to the party. Steven MacNeil impressed me when he was in a couple of weeks ago, Dave Wilson, the health critic is strong, as is Leo Glavine, doing his best to get the head of the Atlantic Lottery Corp fired and sticking up for hog farmers at the same time! I think the NDP will have another minority government in the next provincial election with the Liberals as the opposition.

Another classic column from Rodenhiser today; to summarize, he says we paid a B-C based company a million dollars to tell us what we already knew. Another stellar move by the provincial government! As Rodenhiser said earlier this week, we did know what the problems were. Someone named "John Hamm" outlined them for us a few years ago. Hell, you could have listened to the Hotline for free and been schooled on what was up. Don't you just want to scream?

Next week should be interesting. Rick says the Manley report on Afghanistan will be out. I'll be interested in seeing how big a role Pamela Wallin played in deciding the future of the mission!

I have to give it up to Health Minister Chris D'Entremont for something he said today that was so bang on. He says we are a society of high expectations, we demand a pizza in 30 minutes, we don't have the patience for much anymore. It's so true. I'm the worst offender. If my internet doesn't load fast enough, I'm just like, screaming at my computer!!!!! That doesn't mean that 8 hour wait times in the ERs are okay, but I agree with him that we are an impatient lot.

Don't you love how Rick has started shortening "Benedict MacKay" to "Bennie MacKay"?

Caller Harvey made an interesting point to me off the air today. He says no one is talking about the driver of the transport truck in the Bathurst tragedy. He says he used to be a trucker and he had a fatal accident before and he went through hell. All we heard about the truck driver is that he "wasn't injured". I can only imagine how he must be feeling too - absolutely devestated.

Well, it looks like it's mainly raining outside right now....the snow, in Halifax, is over. I hope you have a great weekend! We have 2 city councillors in on Monday, it's always interesting when they come in!

Cheers!

Amber

No comments: