Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rats vs. Chickens

I'll have to agree with Duffy on this one. Even though I have no issue with Louise Hanavan's chickens, if I did start seeing rats around on my property, I would definitely have to support the chickens going back to Old MacDonald's. Seriously, everyone says "this is a port city, we have rats"...it doesn't mean we have to help exacerbate the problem!

Great hour with Peter Duffy, or as Delores called him: "the old goat". Another hilarious moniker we heard today was from our first called, David, who called councillors "Pickleheads". I don't necessarily agree with that, but believe me, "picklehead" has been seared into the vernacular.

Lots of talk today about Duffy turning 65....and if he lives as long as the average Nova Scotian man, he has 18 point 3 more years to go. That really puts it into perspective, doesn't it? I think Rick is thinking a little more about this, and hopefully he will go to the doctor to get checked out. I can't say I blame him. Ignorance is bliss, but then as Duffy said, "What you don't know WILL kill you". It is scary to get older, no one wants to deal with all these ailments and diseases that could strike, it's so depressing!! Bill Casey urged everyone to get checked out yesterday because he didn't have any symptoms for his prostate cancer. That's a case where he was feeling fine and if he didn't have that test, chances are it could have spread and he might not have survived. He' having his surgery today, let's hope everything goes well!

On a lighter note, Sandy called to tell us about her husband, who kind of sounds like Mr. Bean! He lost his teeth (partials) and blamed Sandy for it, but now they think the dog might have taken his teeth and put them on the living room floor. It was the most hysterical call - good luck to your husband, Sandy! Life without teeth would be, well, interesting.

I meant to write about Bruce Devenne's new website yesterday. It's www.nshospitals.com. Bruce is on the warpath after his wife got some pretty shoddy treatment in the system for a wrist injury. Bruce is one of the most determined people I've ever met, so if he's going after the health care system, I really believe something could change. Go get 'em Bruce! (and call us more so we can play your special song!)

Have you noticed that it's always nice on Thursdays? I've noticed this since 2008 - Thursdays are guaranteed sunny days, and there's always some sort of disturbance on Friday - flurries and ice pellets are expected to accumulate tomorrow - fun!

Have a great one - Rodenhiser in tomorrow!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: