Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thanks for your support!

Thanks to everyone with their concerns about the Hotline. No decisions have been made, so let's just carry on as per usual and continue to create 3 hours of great radio every day!

What a crazy hour number 2 we had our Debbie Young. She's amazing!! We were joking during the commerical break about how when she's on the show it's like psychic bootcamp, it's just go go go! She told Rick that he needs to start writing his book and that if he did that it would be a huge success - something I've been telling him for a couple of years now! Debbie says in general for 2008, it's a year to re-evaluate things for everyone in terms of work and money. She says there will a federal election this year and that Stephen Harper will continue to lead, but that Premier MacDonald will get a bit of a reprieve and there won't be an election! Well, you'd actually have to have a session of the legislature in order to bring down the government and god knows when that's going to happen again. I mean, we just wrapped up 16 hard days, I can understand how the MLAs would be a bit fatigued. Not. Anyway, if you want to make a private appointment with Debbie Young, give her a call at425-4808.

I am so excited about today - the Iowa caucuses are happening and I'm so curious to see who will be coming out on top on both the Democratic and Republican sides. It's also great that it's 2008 and that the election will actually be happening. American presidential election campaigns go on for years....so there is an end in sight. No more George W. - do we still have time to turn this world around?

People were sure fired up about the winter tire discussion. I mean, I'm a new car owner, but as soon as the snow started, I didn't feel safe with my tires. I'm so glad I got snow tires!!! I can understand how some would find the cost prohibitive - it was 700 dollars for tires, rims, installation and balancing - and believe me, I shopped around. I look at it like it will save my other tires though and I definitely notice a difference with the winter tires. Trust me, one of my friends just flipped on the 101 last week driving a car with balding all season tires - not worth the risk. Should it be mandatory?? I don't know about that, I'm just saying it works for me.

Oh, not to end the blog on a down note, but jeez, what was with drivers this morning? I was crossing Almon Street on a green light with the walky guy still present and nearly got hit TWICE. Unreal!

Well, I hope you have a lovely day!

Cheers,

Amber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

Please keep me advised on how things are going with the Hotline Show.

If they don't know already the Mgt of the Station need to know what a excellent Job You Rick Deb do on a daily basis. You truly are the best. Amber that hurts!

I have little doubt that should local Mgt decide to change the format or reduce the hours of the Hotline show it will result in losing a number of listeners something I know Chum is not interested in doing in this Market.

May your best day in 2007 be your worst day in 2008.

All the best.

Tim
UFCW Canada

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

thanks, tim!

Unknown said...

Did Debbie Young predict anything for me and the RiCkStEr ? I missed the show ,I was out shoveling the driveway for the 4th time in one day ! eh RiCkStEr when ya cummin back to Brokeback Island , did ya like yer xmas gift (^.^) We Haaaaaaaaaaaaa