Friday, February 1, 2008

Rick's big spread

That had many different connotations today...if you were listening!

It was great to have Harv Stewart on the show today for a sports hour. They wanted Cecil in as well, but he was headed to PEI. I love the banter between Rick, Harv and Cecil. I just sat back and chuckled to myself. As for what my prediction is on who will win? I don't have one - I could care less about football! I'll go for whatever team helps Rick win money. That way he'll be in a good mood and won't abuse me like he normally does. Ha! For those who do care, kickoff is at 7:17 Atlantic time and man, the commercial prices were even more out of control this year. I had a story earlier in the week that a 30 second spot cost 2.7 million dollars!

On to more serious topics, don't you find it disconcerting what caller Paul pointed out near the end of the show? The conditions in JAILS are better than at unit 4A of the V-G. Now, apparently Health Minister Chris D'Entremont went to the V-G yesterday to check it out and apparently said he would have no problem having his mom stay in the unit! Interesting. On a sadder not, Ruth Russell died. She's the woman who had brain cancer, whose daughters spoke out last week with Liberal MLA Keith Colwell. Our condolences to the family of Ruth Russell and thanks to them for bringing this issue forward. We won't drop it until something changes!

We spoke to Margaret again today about her husband. He's doing a bit better in the hospital after what went down on Tuesday at the Cobequid Health Centre. I was talking to Rick about this - Margaret gives us a rough estimate when she got there - between 9:45-9:55. She's estimating. But, 3 independent sources at the hospital say they got there at 10:25 exactly? Doesn't that just seem too perfect? I'm with Rick on this one. Either or, he should have been treated there. Reminds of the last Seinfeld episode. Jeez, the security guard probably would have been charged with violating the good samaritan law in the states had this occured there.

Well, time to wrap it up for another week. Thanks to the Rodenhiser for another wicked hour - he'll be away next week, but we'll welcome him back Feb 15th. Is it just me or is 2008 already flying by at warp speed? It frightens me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: