Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Berserko

As expected, the Virginia shooting dominated the show today.

I never imagined the death toll could climb higher than 22, that number seemed so completely disturbing to me...so when it reached the thirties...wow. Now with all the details coming out, it's just so senseless and let's hope and pray something so tragic won't happen again anytime soon. But the sad part is, I know it will.

Onto other topics..........

Rick Hillier and this fund. All of our callers, including a mother of a son in Afghanistan think Hillier is totally off base on this one. But then Tim called off air and said what's the difference between raising funds for schools etc. that should be paid for by government. So...what is the difference? Good question.....you might want to call the Hotline tomorrow and give us an answer!

You got a little sneak preview of Gary Carson in the Daily News today. In the article, it makes it sound like they don't do timestables anymore in schools. Is this true? How else do people learn how to multiply? Apparently there are these "evidence-based solutions". I guess I missed the memo when it was revealed the old methods weren't working anymore! The overwhelming opinion of the callers is to get back to basics...I'm sure we'll hear more of those thoughts tomorrow on the show.

Some of the callers were upset today by the Liberal/Green party alliance in Central Nova. Rick is all for it, and frankly, I am too, but I see everyone's point, including Rodenhiser. If the tables were turned and two parties teamed up to beat Stephane Dion or another M-P, I could see both Rick and myself being outraged. But, I guess it's a Peter MacKay thing!

It was nice to see some fireworks between Rick and David R. today!! They butted heads on Afghanistan and about the Central Nova issue. I thought fisticuffs were about to break out, but rest assured, I was ready to step in and give them both time outs if need be!

Talk to you tomorrow...after another action-packed 3 hours of the Hotline!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Steven Harper is doing a great thing by not honouring the Atlantic Accord! What a precidence this sets..... I can now phone my bank today and tell them I'm not happy with my mortgage and will pay less from now on! My car payment...Cut in "HALF"!! Wow.. Cool! If they tell me when I signed my name on a contract, I can give them Mr. Harpers phone #.