Thursday, April 5, 2007

In a fog...

Literally - you can barely see outside it's so foggy.

I come from Windsor, Ontario and there's never any fog there. Suddenly one day in 1999, thick fog moved in and there was an 82 car pile-up on the 401. I covered that story and started associating fog with terrible things. So, when I drove to Nova Scotia and crossed over from New Brunswick, there was thick fog and I was terrified!! I thought I was going to die in a horrible car accident! But now I know fog is a fact of life in Nova Scotia and I'm not scared of fog anymore. Wow, there's my ridiculous admission du jour.

We had a great show today! Thanks to everyone for calling in...and thanks for the comments so far on the blog! I'm really enjoying being able to purge after the show, as I injest so much information from the listeners, the guests and the Rickster himself. I thought Bob Rae was interesting to listen to. I liked how Rick asked him about switching parties and he was just honest with his answer. He didn't try to do what a lot of politicians do -- assault you with verbosity until you just give up and ask another question. We can think of a couple of those can't we??? He just said, people change. Thank you Bob!!

The tax guy was fun. We were kind of nervous because we thought he might be a little dry, but he was really cool, nice, smart and had a bit of fun with the (kinda dull) subject matter. I'm scared for Rick and his taxes though. I hope he has a good accountant because Rick didn't even know there are different Schedule 1s for the province and the feds. Let's hope he doesn't get audited!!!!! For everyone that wants to know, that disability form was a T2201.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/menu-e.html (remember - April 30th is the deadline!)

Pretty sick about the puppies found eh? Here's the SPCA # if you have any information on it: 835-4798 or click on: http://www.spcans.ca/


Rick tore a strip off the traffic guy today, but for good reason!! The changes YOU are calling for are being dismissed. Best to get on the horn with your councillor, but even that seems futile. If they are bringing your concerns to staff and they are being waved off....well, I guess nothing will ever change in this city - and that's depressing. (but sadly...good for our talk show!)

Check out the blog on Monday. I'm planning to walk around town this weekend and take some photos of these "painted" crosswalks. Should be interesting! I just hate when people say something you blatantly know is not true. We had a couple of councillors in the studio in January and they were saying "Halifax is a safe city", so that's when I started keeping my crime stats. I give them to Rick to use when it's topical, but I am planning to do a year end report on crime and I guarantee you will shocked by the numbers once they're tallied. Maybe I'll do it at the halfway point of the year too...which is coming up...which is insane. Times moves so fast, so take a little extra time this weekend to keep yourself safe.

I wish everyone the happiest Easter!

I will chat with you Monday!

Thank you so much for listening to the show!

Take care,

Amber

No comments: