Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Thank You

Thank you to all the callers who are normal and believe Rick when he says no one is controlling the show.

Oh, hold on, Rodney's here and just tapped me on the shoulder...hang on...

I'm back. Man, those Tories at Province House are just doing a fantabulous job aren't they? And Harper, wow. What vision, what drive, I mean eliminating energy inefficient light bulbs by 2012? The care and concern showed to the environment, and all Canadians for that matter, is (insert small tear) truly inspiring.

Enough said?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you hear the father of the Eddie Power call the show today? He had just come from a meeting discussing the suspension of his son. A couple of callers thought maybe 1 day would have been enough, rather than the maximum of 5 days suspension. I think it's completely WRONG! A student is targetted by a group called the "Murder Squad", gets STABBED and then gets suspended for fighting? Yeah, he totally should have taken a knife to the heart. He'd probably be dead, but hey, he wouldn't be suspended!! I wish Eddie a lot of luck. He's going to get his one remaining credit and will not be returning to Halifax West. Maybe they should be looking a little deeper into the "Murder Squad" and suspending some of those students.

Did I mention the gang was called the "MURDER SQUAD"?

What did you think about the Mayor facing off with Ann? Here's some background - Ann says she called the Mayor about an issue on Shore Dr. in Bedford about 5 years ago. Ann is in a wheelchair and says she told the Mayor this and the mayor became kind of impatient and told her he had 15 more calls to respond to, and then he hung up. I don't think Ann is lying, but I know the Mayor. I can't see him hanging up on anyone. I've seen someone get right in his face, swearing at him right in our own studio and he didn't lose his cool. So I can't see him hanging up on someone with a very valid concern. He's the most even tempered man I've ever met, I've told him this. So, hopefully she called the office and they can get everything sorted. It was kind of funny..Graham Steele called for his interview and we were taking a break before putting the Mayor and Ann on together. Rick told me to tell Graham to call back in 5, but I told him what was about to happen and he wanted to stay on the line to listen!

Seriously...thanks to everyone for calling and recognizing that our show is a free and open one, with any issue up for discussion, except for the hours when we are discussing very specific issues, like gun control. It's fairly straightforward.

Tomorrow...one of our favourite guests - Peter Duffy!!

Let's see who or what whips Rick into a lather tomorrow!

Cheers,

Amber

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good evening.

In regards to Mayor Kelly let me begin by saying there are always two some three sides of every story. I to know the Mayor and I can't see him losing his cool and hanging up the phone. That said hopefully the two can meet and this outstanding matter can be resolved once and for all.

Amber, as always keep up the good work!

Cheers.

Tim
UFCW Canada

Anonymous said...

I can't understand Wayne.C.If my memory serves me this isn't the first time these silly accusations of Rick being unfair to callers,was sounded off by Wayne and company.I guess I don't understand because I just simply have never heard of the so called "unfair intentions" in my 3 years of listening.In my opinion in fighting causes such as Wayne's Workmans comp board fight and his don't vote for political parties themes,there has to be some acknowledgment that not everyone is going to agree with his thoughts.I have to say he was actually winning me over with his rants,cause he seem to have great points.But with this "gang up on folks that don't agree"approach,it simply doesn't sit well with me and makes me think that only people like him think this way and I really don't want any part of that thought process.And no offense to Paul {a no vote for party ranter}.Rick and company run an awesome radio show and I wouldn't want it any other way!Go Ben GO thanks derek

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

hey derek,

the accusations are not only silly, but completely baseless!!!!

as will said yesterday, i don't think an argument can be made that rick doesn't slam the government enough!!!

thanks for listening!

amber

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

hey tim!

i couldn't agree with you more!

the vocal lessons are coming along well too.

rick and i are almost ready for canadian idol! (go elizabeth!)

cheers!

amber

Mr.k said...

I agree whole heartly.
Rick's show is always wide open to many opinions and I have always been permitted to pretty much say what I want.

And if Wayne and his ass-ociates don't like the show::: then don't tune in.
It certainly appears that they are indeed part of the listening audience.
I don't appreciate getting e mails from him trying to convince me to stop calling the show. That didn't work.
Rick and Amber have always let me bash the politicans. I don't think Amber has bleeped me out YET.

I happen to enjoy the show and look forward to tuning in everyday....The days that I can't tune in , I feel like I am missing out on something. Must be an addiction now.

Question for Amber:::: Are you always so cheerful? maintain the attitude kid. Your cheerful voice is always a pleasure to hear in the am.

Keep up the good work folks. Without you there are many people out there who would just not be getting the facts on many subjects.

Richard

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good afternoon.

I was surprised to see that Rick made No mention to the following, that said Friday April 27th
was an extremely sad day in Canning,Ns. The reason being
380 hard working Men & Woman lost their Jobs at Maple Leaf Poultry, after the Plant being there for more then 50 Years.

It goes without saying the Econmic impact this Closure will have on this and the surrounding areas will be tremendous.

Further more for each Full time Job the Province loses there is a loss of 3 others if true the 380 then becomes a loss of 1140 in total making April 27th a very sad day for the Province.

In Closing on April the 28th let us not forget the 22 Workers who were Killed on the Job Last in Nova Scotia.

Tim
UFCW Canada