Wednesday, April 11, 2007

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!

That's how I felt today writing down things to remind myself to write about after the show. It was INSANELY busy today with so much going on, but hey, that's what makes the Hotline the #1 show in Metro! A huge thank you to the listeners for that honour! Love the Rickster or hate the Rickster, you're listening and we appreciate it.

Hey...breaking news!! Belinda Stronach is quitting politics to go back to Magna. I'll have all the latest on C100 news this afternoon at 4 and 5. Have you noticed how many Liberals aren't re-offering in the next election? Do you think this has anything to do with Stephane Dion? I think the Liberals are in big trouble in the next election. I hate to say it, but Conservative majority, here we come.

Did you read Rodenhiser today? Great headline!! 'In your face, Upper Canada". I think it's hysterical that Maritimers call Ontario "Upper Canada". I'm an Upper Canadian by birth, but now I can really appreciate the mockery of Ontario since I've lived in Halifax since 2000. I definitely consider myself a Haligonian. I'm going to say it loud and proud "In your face Upper Canada"! But hi to all my friends and family reading this back home! (Hey, you gotta cover all the bases).

What did you think of the author we had on today? I thought it was interesting...I'm always willing to hear about how to be more successful! Here's the website if you want more info:

www.stupiduglyrich.com

Are you listening to the IWK Radiothon? It continues on today, tomorrow and Friday. Brian and Deb will be broadcasting live for the rest of the week and you can listen on our sister station C100 too. There are some incredibly moving stories...and you can donate by calling 1-800-595-2266. When adults get sick, it's obviously sad, but at least you feel that they've had a chance to live their lives, have some experiences, see the world. But when it's kids, it just seems so unfair. The kids' stories you will hear though, show wonderful, mature beyond their years individuals who don't look at anything as unfair. It is a true inspiration and I can't wait for the wrap-up on Friday to see how much was raised for this very worthy cause.

We talked about organ donation quite a bit on the show today. I admit, I never gave it a second thought until the Hotline opened my eyes!! When Yvonne hosted last summer, she did an hour on organ donation and it was one of many times she made me cry during that two weeks! Anyway, after that I got my new Nova Scotia Health Card and signed up to be a donor. I guess I feel it's the least I can do.

No matter what happens, I am grateful for what I have and grateful I live in this country. I was shockingly reminded of that this morning as I read this quote on the front of the Daily News:

"My biggest problem was that they kept putting off killing me". That was from a survivor of the Rwandan genocide. Enough said, I think.

Thank you again for listening and being a part of the Hotline. We could not do it without your calls and support.

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a neat way to catch up on the show things we missed. Great job. Yes today the question was asked where is "Wille?" Did he call in Yet??
Dolores