Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mr.Rogers - cold blooded killer?

That was one disturbing tidbit we heard about on the Hotline today! Turns out - it's not true.

Apparently, it's one of the most popular urban legends floating around in cyberspace.

http://ask.yahoo.com/20070320.html

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-mr-rogers.htm

Andrea Hill-Lehr was right though about Mr.Rogers being a minister. That seems more in line with his character don't you think?

So what did you think of the debate today between Hill-Lehr and John Boileau? I thought it was very interesting!! It wasn't a knock down, drag out affair, but there were some fireworks at some points! Both of them are very articulate and I thought they made their points well. Off the air, I got calls in support of both sides and they shook hands at the end, so it was all good.

Rick mentioned Fahrenheit 911, the Michael Moore film. Personally, I enjoyed it very much and it's a film that definitely provokes discussion, so check it out! I haven't seen the film "Loose Change" yet, despite the urgings of several listeners. Apparently, it's getting a lot of attention and it's narrated by Charlie Sheen? I'll try to check it out this weekend, apparently it's only available on the internet? True?

One of the listeners really had a hate on for Justin Trudeau today eh? I don't dislike Justin Trudeau. I mean, he comes from a very prominent, wealthy family, but at least he's trying to do some good and wants to run for office to try to improve the country (hopefully anyway). At least he's not Paris Hilton, who is also famous for her name but not much else!! I'll withhold my full judgement until I see what he does if he's elected to office. But let's be real - sometimes Parliament can suck the drive and new ideas right out of a person. Let's hope he doesn't fall into the party system trap and continues to speak his mind on behalf of the people.

Tomorrow on the Hotline - an all open show and an interview with Elizabeth May!

Enjoy your day!

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of many aspects of the blog I am enjoying is info on parts of the show I reluctantly missed when work got in the way.

I always find rumours that prove to be false which make it to the show amusing.I'm sorry I missed it

I did hear the call on Justin Trudeau. If I recall correctly, the caller wondered aloud if the Liberals thought we were stupid enough to fall for voting for the name. I guess the caller hasn't heard of MacKay, Martin, Layton, Copps, Savage, Regan just to name a very few.