Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spring...for a day

Good afternoon!

Sorry this is a little later than normal! I had to run downtown to go to the orthodontist (it's a long, drawn-out retainer saga) and I got to experience the absolute joy emanating from the people downtown! No coats in sight! It's incredible outside, but unfortunately it will all come to an end tonight when we will get some snow....BOOOOO!

Another crazy busy day!!! A listener called after the Titanic guys left and said "Wow, what a great hour, didn't you think Amber?" I replied that I hadn't heard any of the hour because of the interest in winning the books (which look great by the way). We had so many calls, the receiver did not leave my ear all hour!! Besides Blair Beed's book and Allan Ruffman's book, a listener recommended "Unsinkable" by David Brown.

In the first hour, Rick really ticked me off! I know a lot of people hate Belinda Stronach, but there's something about her I really like! I mean, it's tough to hear criticism of yourself. But she stuck around, won another election, and tried to do some good things for her riding and the country. Blind ambition? She didn't run for the Liberal leadership. When Rick said she was "running back to Daddy", I gave him a death glare. I think she's a talented businessperson, tried something new, did well at it and it's her perogative to do whatever she wants! That's the beauty of this country, as Rick is constantly reminding us!!! I can't be too hard on Rick since he did give me a ride downtown this afternoon. Thanks boss!

I got an interesting phone call off the air. As Rick was talking about the Mayor picking up garbage on the streets of Metro, a lady called me and said "Peter Kelly don't pick up the garbage, you liars". Then she hung up on me!!! CTV was in taking some shots of Rick for a piece on Live at 5 tonight, and the cameraman and Peter Malette confirmed - the mayor does pick up garbage on the street. No lie!

So...sports tomorrow....Cecil is in. How great are the battles between Cecil and Joan? I live for those. Rick and I sit back and die of laughter as they go at it!!

I'm not sure what else is up for tomorrow....but as you know, anything can happen on the Hotline!

Thanks for listening...and enjoy this day as it's going to be another winter wonderland tomorrow!

Take care,

Amber

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the "daddy" comment that I don't like Amber and Rick is not the only one using it today.

No doubt in my mind that women politicians are not given the same respect as men politicians , especially by a male dominated media

The CJCH Halifax Hotline said...

Ian...I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lets see the math teachers take the provincial exam and get their marks.You might get the answer as to why the students are not passing these exams.
the parent of 2 university students and 1 junior-high student