Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Absolutely no progress

A very busy Tuesday - thanks for the calls! Sorry to Tim who got bumped at the end because of the Sandy Munroe interview, many apologies!!

I think this whole sign debacle on Barrington street is insanity. They're going to go with bolt cutters to cut this thing down? Freak Lunchbox owner Jeremy Smith says there is 10 feet of sidewalk for people to walk on...plenty of room, I think. Come on, business are dropping like flies on Barrington St. - are we going to deliberately tick them off now? Leave them alone!

So, we're expecting to hear more about the UARB and this Fuel Adjustment Mechanism today. Yeah, like I want Nova Scotia power to be able to raise my rates willy-nilly. Please let the UARB stop the madness!! Still haven't turned on my heat at my house!!! The heat is on in the basement to keep the pipes flowing, but I just put on a few, 10, layers and I'm fine. I might crack by this weekend though...on Friday, the HIGH temperature is going to be 4. BRRRRRRRR. I had a flashback to Juan when caller Kathleen was talking about how she had no power on the Station road in Kinsac. She says she called the outage line (428-6004) and the automated service said they were tranferring her call - and then the phone went dead! I heard that so many times in the aftermath of Hurricane Juan. How incredibly frustrating!

So, there are a couple of concerts coming to town next year - I think it's great! They've finally heeded to Rick's pleas on the show to get the Eagles to come. Rick says it's a done deal - the Eagles are coming!! That would be great, or Elton John, U2...all would be amazing to see live. I completely disagree with Bruce about this. Although I am a big fan of spending money on things we actually need (road signs, hello), these concerts are huge draws, draw positive attention to our city and the citizens (most of them) really enjoy them. Bring it on - so at least we won't have to hear Rick sing on the air again!

Lots of rain on the way tonight, 20-30 mm!!! Stay dry! I really hope everyone who is currently without power gets it back...it's getting pretty ridiculous.

Cheers,

Amber

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

I nerver knew why Rick was in radio that was until I heard him attempt to Sing this morning. I now know why he is in radio. As per your driving all I will say is this the best perdictor of the future is the past that said it would be best for the road's in Nova Scotia if you ... never mind enjoy you new car.As always keep up the good work.

Cheers.

Tim
UFCW Canada

Unknown said...

eh ! how many mainlanders does it take to screw in a light bulb ? about 170 thousand !!! we haaaa , they all thought it was just the bulb blown out , but it was the power out again !!! you mainlanders crack me up , especially that RiCkStEr fella , we haaa