Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Rocks in our heads

First off, I just read Rodenhiser's column from Saturday on Ernie Fage, check it out:

http://www.hfxnews.ca/index.cfm?sid=81137&sc=157

As per usual, the people who "talk back" after the column are in fine form. David defends himself, it's all very entertaining. I liked the column, but that's nothing new, you know I'm a huge Rodenhiser fan!

To the show...a busy one today, lots of talk about Celine Dion. We lucky listeners were treated to Rick's Celine Dion impression, which I thought was absolutely hilarious!! I wish I could post audio, it was classic.

DON'T WASTE A MILLION DOLLARS TO CHANGE THE NAME TO HALIFAX! Honestly, I've heard a lot of dumb things on the show and this is one of the dumbest. I've been against this since I've heard about it. We live in HRM, it's not that hard to say, you get specific when you need to. They say GTA in Toronto or they get specific when they are talking about Scarborough or something. It's ludicrous! You might as well bring the million dollars to Rick's Celine Dion CD burning party and just watch it go up in smoke. So insane. I'm so glad Steve Streatch made that comment about having "rocks in our heads". Unreal.

I have to give kudos to the province today, which is kind of shocking. 2 decisions - not to burn tires for fuel in Brookfield and no quarry in Digby Neck. Two actual green decisions that won't propel Nova Scotia "to the forefront of the environmental movement by 2020". Way to go! Hey, check your mail today and watch for a new missive from the Premier trumpeting the fact that the Atlantic Accord is "alive and well". Then think back to 11:45 when Mike Savage and Bill Casey called us from Ottawa to tell us the 4th meeting scheduled with bureaucrats to give them the scoop on this new deal had been cancelled....14 minutes before it was scheduled to start. Back to the Premier, I am so intrigued by what this Throne Speech is going to offer Nova Scotians. What kind of goodies are we in for in the next 15 years? It's going to be interesting. 2:15 and you can watch the speech on Eastlink. I can't wait!!!

Anyway, big show tomorrow with the Mayor during hour number 2 and then 22 Minute's Cathy Jones will join us for the last half hour of the program.

Talk to you then!

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Good evening Amber....Your lookin goooddddd..

The only part of the show I caught today was Cathy Jones. She is one of the best....I enjoy watching her on 22 Mins..she seems naturaly funny, like many Newfs...

I like reading Rodenhiser's and Rick's coloumns...thye call it like it is.

We had a terrific day at our SOS rally in Sydney with a very good turn-out...good turnout of , by my count 71...i understand that everything went as well in other parts of the province...we got very good media coverage...there were even CBRM police taking pics of us from a couple of roof tops.That was probably requested my minister Parent.

As far as the province announcing that they will not be giving the go-a-head for the tire burning and the Digby quarry... right on, but be cautious in the congratulations...wait till Lafarge starts burning sewage sludge pellets and anything else they can burn for profit.

I find it interesting that Parent made 3 announcments pretaining to the environment 2 days and one day before a mass rally to do with the environment....I smell a provincial election in the north wind.

Also worth noting with regards to today's rally in Sydney.....NOT one politican...none from any level..guess they ARE all the same...

If you think Rick's singing is bad, then you should have heard guys like me and Bruno and many others singing the Democracy song.....I'll send youa copy and maybe get Rick and yourself to sing it for all the listeners out there....especially the "wannabees" in government office that listen to the show...

And to Rick......when politicans are deserving of good names and credit, I give it.....when they arn't they get the name calling....which is a lot better than 'sticks and stones".Literly.....
also and I have to say it....i felt a tad slighted when Rick was critical of me calling politicans like Cecil Clarke names....lets not forget Benedick Peter and a few others introduced by cat calls, baby crying, dog barking
a few other perfect sound affects suiting to the person...

Love the show but don't piss off the listeners and especially the callers...opinions can be expressed anywhere....

Don't get me wrong...I love the show especially when Rick allows people like me to express their concerns about many issues and he continues on with the issue after I or others have hung up.....the message continues through Rick....and thats important...

Name calling isn't the issue...its just the gravy...same as the word"honorable"...its just makes the politican appear to be a better person....when in fact many are non-deserving of that name, but more deserving of "dis-honorable"

I'll be listening tomorrow..


SMILE