Monday, November 19, 2007

Heaven on Earth

That's how one caller described Rick today, Heaven on Earth! Agree, disagree? Leave your thoughts after the blog!

It was either that title or something Richard said "Sooky French Folk" in terms of Celine Dion's husband saying she didn't come here because we're so negative. Despite the fact whether it was that or this free concert planned for Quebec City the day before, we are indeed quite negative! I mean, it's good for the Hotline, so I'm not complaining, but who wants to feel negative all the time? It's not good for you! Tim called after I played the little clip of Celine going into a break and told me I ruined his car speakers. Ha! Rick was having fun with this idea to hold a Celine Dion CD and poster burning party. The problem was - everyone we asked could contribute neither a poster nor a CD, so I'm pretty sure it's been postponed.

I was getting kind of anxious thinking about aging during hour number 2 and how it would feel not be able to care for yourself anymore. Scares me to death! Now, there's ANOTHER insurance we're being urged to get, this one for long term care. It stresses me out just thinking about it. My grandma is kind of going through this issue right now. She never got her driver's licence and my grandpa had 4 mini-strokes over the summer and can't drive right now. She has bad arthritis and is relying on family members to take her to get groceries etc. It's incredibly stressful for everyone, especially my grandpa who just wants to be able to do everything he used to do, he loved driving, travelling etc. You just never know what's going to happen - that's the only guarantee life offers.

I thought Rick had a great conversation with Deputy Chief Tony Burbridge today. He was very measured and fair, I thought. Apparently the issue with the Taser isn't the voltage, it's the amps involved. Knowing absolutely nothing about electricity, I have no idea what to make of this, but one would think a little less power would make some sort of difference. Amnesty International is leading the charge to ban tasers. Here's the website if you want to check it out:

http://www.amnesty.ca/

On the other hand, I'm sure glad they tasered the sword guy at Halifax Shopping Centre before anyone got seriously hurt. The Deputy Chief told us the Canadian Assocatiion of Chiefs of Police is studying this issue; Burbridge will be a part of that and news is expected sometime next year.

Football fans will no doubt be gathered around TV sets at 8:30 on Friday night. That when the Saint Marys Huskies face the Manitoba Bison in the Vanier Cup. Go, SMU!!!

Enjoy this sunny Monday!

Thanks for everything today.

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Good evening Amber...
yes I called Celine and her hubby " sooky french folk" and anybody else who acts their way...the old"i'll take my bat and ball go home".

I have been told that I am negetive. what exactly is negative? is it somebody who complains about everything/ or is it people who find fault with the government and speak openly about it? I guess what I am saying is that everybody is negative to some point...its a matter of who is listening and wheather they consider your statement negative or positive or just informative... to each their own.

Now with regards to 'long term care insurance" if you can afford it, get it...I sold disability/ medical plans or other individual plans for 26 yrs. and I can truthfully tell you that "long term care is worth the money to someone when the time comes that you may not be able to take care of yourself, not only due to old age, but even for someone young and healthy like yourself who might meet with an accident and be paralized....it is expensive but worth it in the long term. But also be careful as all the long term plans are not the same...

I know a l;ot about it so if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask...you have my number....and don't worry, I don't sell anymore....so no hard sale tactics...information is free....for you....

And your worried about getting old????how negative is that?

I think you are 30 or 30 something?am I wrong? my 30s were good but not great, 40s were health changing years and wondering about retirement and job security...so far the 50s are wonderful in many ways...we won't get into that..

Just remember that some people age well and some don't.
I would say that so far you are aging well.
Maintain the smile and the friendly attitude and you won't have any problem with aging. But watch out for OLDER men .....but mind you, some of them can be positive in your life.

Later kid...have a great day and SMILE.