Friday, November 9, 2007

My heart will go on...

Ah, the timelessness of the lyrics of Celine Dion....

We played "My heart will go on" for the Rodenhiser instead of his normal heavy metal wailing theme song and it was pretty funny! Sadly, joke's on me as I can't get the freakin' song out of my head!!!

Great hour, as per usual, with the Rodenhiser. Caller Joanne rang us to ask "What the hell is wrong with us?" in terms of our super negative attitude towards absolutely everything. During a break we were chatting about how you can leave comments about stories on the Daily News website (www.hfxnews.com) and someone made a comment about all the negativity asking "Why don't you head out to the airport and protest safe plane landings?" HA HA HA HA!!! That totally sums up the attitude sometimes. As caller Sharon put it, if you don't like the concert, it's simple - DON'T GO. For those who live near the Commons, I feel your pain, but she is an amazing singer, her songs are just a little on the schmaltzy side.

Is it just me or are you anticipating some major drama next Thursday and Friday? Those are two days set aside for the Ernie Fage trial. Some big political names have been called as witnesses....is the trial going to go ahead? Is he going to plead out? Should be interesting!

Again, I ask - is it just me or do you find the Bruce vs. Will ongoing slamfest utterly entertaining? When I wrote Rick the note about "The 36 hour day", the book dealing with how to deal with people living with Alzheimers/Dementia....Will called. He said he wanted to recommend another book, "The 72 hour day" - living with Bruce Devenne! These guys snipe at each other all the time. I wonder if Will lives in Sackville...I wonder what would happen if Bruce knocked on his door looking for a vote!!

We spent a good portion of the show talking about the Sandy Munroe story. I haven't seen the Fifth Estate yet, but I'll be checking it out tonight. The revelations in the piece certainly make it a ratings grabber. Maybe that's why they were running ads for the program every 15 minutes on Newsworld today. You have to wonder, especially since both Don Munroe and Sandy Munroe told us they were utterly duped by the CBC. It's hard to know what to believe and it seemed like support was pretty much 50-50 on the show today. Like I said yesterday, incredibly sad, any way you slice it.

I think it's excellent news about the possibility of HRM getting its own charter and getting out from under the province's thumb once and for all!! Seeing what decisions are made after the Charter is in effect will prove if this council deserves to be re-elected next year. I'm so tired of hearing "we can't do it because the province won't let us", like it is some regressive, strict parent or something.

It was a very busy day today, and Colleen Jones paid us a visit during our last half hour. She was great, very bubbly and accused me of being loud!! Obviously, she's very astute! Her new book looks really great, for all athletes, especially curlers! During the break we were talking about sports psychology and how it benefitted her. I think I may need one before I run in the Bluenose Marathon next year. I told myself before the race to "stay positive", but I think I really did myself a disservice during the race when the only thing going through my mind was, "I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die." I have to read the book and get some tips!!!


I know I don't have to remind Hotline listeners, but it is Remembrance Day on Sunday and I'm going to take a little time to remember what all veterans fought for and continue to fight for. I want to say a huge THANK YOU.

Until Tuesday,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Hello Amber...1-900

I am willing to bet that Matt Minglewood would fill the commons as well as Celine could.
I think Celine as a wonderful voice but she really doesn't appeal to me at all...way too skinny...she certainly isn't attractive with her crooked face...but thats just me....

The Fage case and the Mentorship scandle is probably just the tip of the iceberg for the Rodney Mac government.
These guys are all the same..10 cent millioners....and not worth a plug nickle...

The Munroe case is interesting.and it was most interesting to listen to Mr Munroe....always two sides to every story...but maybe not applicable to Fifth Estate...the did a story on the Tar Ponds a few years back and made the whole island look like the ghettos...a number of years even further back they attacked an old company of mine, Mutual of Omaha, The Wild Kingdom...made the company look bad for harming animals by staging fights between various animals...funny thing is they never did attack Disney's Old Yeller...remember the dog fighting with the rabbid wolf? Good acting hey? or when the calvery in movies would come charging across the field and all the horses would fall at the sametime...more good acting...trip wires...
I guess what I am getting at is that the public will believe far too much of what the media presents...'If its on TV, then it must be true mentality.
Leave theses people like the Munroes alone. Whatever happened to 'what goes on behind closed doors ?

My heart goes out to Mr. and Mrs. Munroe, but the son is another story
I have seen families as in brother and sister fighting over 75 dollars at the foot of the bed of their dying father.
Greed is a terrible sickness..one that can tear families apart.

It will be interesting to see the Fage scandle un-fold next week. I have NO pity for anybody who drinks and drives...I think he should be locked up and anybody else who drinks and drives. I have NO tolerance for drunk drivers. I don't care what their statuas is in society.

The Liberals certainly didn't come to Brian Boudreau's side when he was caught drunk behind the wheel, in a ditch outside Halifax, on his way back to the Rock after a session at the local watering hole. No doubt the same place Fage and the rest of the political puppetts go to get drunk and drive.

There is a zero tolerance in this province, but some people have this attitude that one beer or two beers or whatever, is ok.

In NFLD. if you are caught behind the wheel after or during drinking, you automaticly loose your licence for 2 yrs and possible jail sentence.

We are far too easy on drunk drivers in NS. and WAY TOO EASY on people who profess to be the pillars of society.

Money talks....Even for a drunk