Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sandy Munroe

Man oh man, who do you believe?

I'm going to watch the Fifth Estate tonight, I taped it over the weekend. Having Sandy in the studio, his brother on the phone, and Carol Sifton, the caregiver on the phone, it was certainly difficult not to have empathy for the man. If he did abuse her, why has he spent the past two years in the media spotlight trying to get her back? What about airing the family's dirty laundry in public - how does that benefit Sandy? I'm not taking a side, I'm just asking questions I thought about during the hour. I'll check out the program tonight and have more to say tomorrow.

As much as I'm not a Brian Mulroney fan, I'm sure we can all agree there are bigger issues to focus on than this Schreiber mess? I was suprised the new poll numbers Rick read today on the air, saying the Liberals and the Conservatives are in a virtual tie! Given Stephane Dion's performance, it looks like a potted plant could remain tied with Harper right now. Yikes. Sorry, Mike. (I know Mike Savage reads the blog from time to time.)

So, I spent the weekend in the Premier's hometown of Mabou. It was very relaxing, namely because there is nothing to do there except relax!!! I'm a city person, small town living is definitely not for me, but it's fantastic for a weekend. If I can figure out how to post pics on my blog, I'll post a couple. Turns out a couple of the amazing scenery shots were taken a couple minutes away from Deb Smith's home village of Long Point! They even know the "Christy" of "Christy's lookout" fame!! I should have stopped in and had a tea with Mrs. Smith and told her how great her daughter is!

I was reading Peter Duffy's column today when something caught my eye - my own name! I e-mail Peter from time to time and he actually quoted me in his mailbag column about cell phones!! It was from an older e-mail because now I have my wonderful car, which brings me all kinds of new complaints about cell phones. I won't talk on the cell when I'm driving. Because of the lack of road signs I need to pay complete attention to where I'm going!

What a miserable day outside! However, it looks like a little bit of sunshine later tomorrow and a little warmer too!

Have a good one,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Hello Amber....Your lookin good.

I believe Sandy Munroe. He should be able to take CBC to task.
CBC Fifth Estate, as I have said before, can be dangerous.

But is this not another case of the media not presenting the truth? Another reason to not trust the media?

I very seldom watch CBC anymore since Norma Lee MacLeod left...I am still wondering why...Although I did watch the CBC news this evening as there was coverage of a friend of mine fighting the DOE over a sewage lagoon on Crowdis's Mtn outside Baddeck.Its amazing what government agencies think they can get away with.

Its too bad you didn't get to egg the Premier's house when you were visiting beautiful Mabou...and your right there isn't a lot to do in downtown Mabou...Kitchen parties(where you are more likely to find the Premier)square dances, friendly people&world class scenery...Hardly Hamilton or Windsor at night....or day as far as that goes...

All that beauitiful scenery is what Rodney MacDonald and Mark Parent are willing to destroy by giving into mining companies from all over the world. The best coal on Cape Breton lies right beneath Rodney's feet. Right in Mabou. Any chance we will see a strip mine taking place there...they had already made a febil attempt some years back and the scarred land is still not brought back to original state as required by the strip mine companies such as Pioneer Coal.

So next week on Wed. Nov 21st at 10am there will be a gathering at many DOE offices through-out the province, of citizens and associations who are concerned about the environment and the way our government is destroying the environment and ignoring citizen's concerns.

Have you noticed how Brian Mulroney talks like THE GODFATHER??