Monday, November 5, 2007

Survived the storm

I'm trying to upload a picture I snapped of a collapsed cart corral at Sobeys from this weekend, but for some reason, it won't let me. Don't you hate when computers won't do what you want them to do????

Anyway.....I made my way to Masstown yesterday and saw lots of downed trees, but no major damage. The gate on my fence was half blown off, but that was about it, in my area, anyway. It was extremely windy! Wow, I felt my house shaking quite a few times, that was slightly nervewracking! What are you? Do you have power, telephone, etc? Seems like those in the Passage are getting the shaft this time around. We had two callers from Eastern Passage who say they have no power...and the outage line is saying tomorrow! Yikes!!

We heard from one woman who got through to a live human being at Nova Scotia power and says she was spoken to in a very rude manner. That's just the icing on the cake isn't it??

Mayor Kelly told us if you are dissatisfied with the service NSP is providing, you do have an outlet to complain. You can write to the Utility and Review Board. Here is the contact info:

http://www.nsuarb.ca/


Office:

Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board3rd Floor, Summit Place1601 Lower Water StreetHalifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3P6

Mailing Address:

Box 1692, Unit "M"Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3S3

Telephone:

(902) 424-4448

Fax:

(902) 424-3919

Email:

mailto:uarb.board@gov.ns.ca

I'm going to be complaining to a certain grocery chain after they had 3 lanes open on Friday night...with lines about 15 deep. It was ridiculous!

It seems like Curtis Sliwa's trip was a good one. You might not agree with what he says or how he says it, but he is very entertaining! You can tell he does an American talk show, can't you?

Don't forget - the last 2 sessions of the Mayor's Roundtable on Violence happen tonight in Porters Lake and tomorrow at Dartmouth High. Both sessions start at 7pm.

What do you think about a curfew for teens in Halifax? When I was a teen, I would have hated it, but now, I'm all for it. Lock 'em up! There are good teens out there, but those good teens are probably going to be doing homework or working at a part-time job anyway. This is going to keep the thugs who are tagging, vandalizing and tormenting innocent people, pets and things inside, hopefully! Good job, Jim Hoskins - I certainly hope council moves through with something like this. Cats are not the ones swarming people, so move on - PLEASE.

Have a great Monday!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: