Friday, November 16, 2007

C, J, Z

Those are codes in the Commonwealth games information that denote first class travel. The document is 80-some pages, but it sure is interesting! Check it out here:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/hpp/index.asp

I found it quite interesting the Executive Committee voted to give some of the staff members extra months' of salary, namely Tony Holding, the Senior Director of Strategic Relations an extra 4 months salary on April 17, 2007 - a full month after the bid was scrapped. I'm sure this is going to be a very topic for Monday!

A caller told me off air that "unaudited" means the company that compiled the information based on what the committee told them, and didn't have to provide the actual receipts, so do with that what you may!

The big topic on the show (besides flyers) was this disgusting killing of the Polish man in Vancouver. Sickening. I can't even bear to watch the video. I keep turning away when they play it on TV. I feel so terrible for his mother, who was just feet away when her son was killed. I can't remember the caller who mentioned this, but why can't they reduce the voltage? You know how much it hurts when you get a regular shock? Okay, ramp that up to 50-thousand volts. The guns would be just as effective with a lot less voltage. The poor, poor man. He was agitated, yes, but to taser him twice?

No one deserves to die like that.

Kind of a downer way to end the blog for the week, but it's grey outside and the story has me totally bummed out.

Oh, the Ernie Fage trial has been delayed until Tuesday. Click on www.herald.ns.ca for the story or tune into my news @ 4 and 5 on C100.

Have a good weekend,

Amber

2 comments:

Mr.k said...

Hello Amber..should I compliement you tonight? i did that this am and got cut off by NSP , got back on and got cut short by Rick...for a politican....me cut short for a politican!!!!
Its ok though cause the guy is an "Honorable"politican...Mr. Casey....for him an no other...

But Rick's off Santa's good list. I'm an elf so i can do that..lolol...I have a friends 5 yr old grand-daughter convinced that I am an elf...not just An Elf, but the " Head Elf"....she's going to be some pissed at me when she grows up and finds out about all the lies I have told her about the North Pole and Santa....


But now with the Province of NS and the Ex. Committee for the Commonwealth games the little girl I refer to, Selina, just might grow up thinking that if you are a politican there are some different versions of Santa's.

There is the 'imaginary great one" Santa known all over the world and then there is the 'Behind Closed Doors Santas" who give to " only their own Santas"...

And these Executive Committee members and Rodney MacDonald's government are "not" on the Real Santa's(and he does exist" Good List....

Must be getting in the festive mood...

With regards to the poor fellow from Poland...lost for words in disgust with the RCMP...This is an organization that is not what it used to be..not being held very high in public opinion....
Flying thses days is also not what it used to be...getting more and more scary.
I have done a great deal of flying during the day when I was in the insurance business. I was in the air more than I was on the ground...but those were the days when flying was relaxed and enjoyable.
Now I hateflying.
One doesn't know anymore who is sitting even next to you on the plane. You don't know if you are sitting with a king, queen, prince or princess, tourist or terrorist.

This poor chap from Poland was no doubt tired from the flight cause I am sure it must have been a long one for him...no food or water perhaps...stiff and sore from lack of comfort on the plane...

These mounties deserve to be fired, and charged with murder. because they murdered that man in plain sight of everybody. Scary....

Welcome to Canada...What a country....

Anonymous said...

Amber.

Good Evening.

In response to days annoucement regarding Ms.Celion Dion it is fair to say our Elected officials have once again screwed up. We can't help but wonder after listening to Mayor Kelly comments tonight the right hand does not know what the left is doing.

How many times will it take before these Bone heads will learn?

It is fair to say while these guys decide what to do our Reputation is being hurt to the point that it will take years to repair. In our humble opinion the election can't come enough it is time we got rid of the entire group.

Sean, Jane Steven and Jill Edwards
Halifax,Ns