Thursday, November 8, 2007

Battle of the Atlantic Canadian cities

Someone made a horrifying suggestion today - what if Barry Manilow opens for Celine Dion????

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Celine, I can handle, Barry, I cannot.

Rick says he's not backtracking, but seems like he wavering slightly on whether the Eagles will be here on August 30th. It seems like every city in Atlantic Canada is going after concerts for next year, Rick says the "evil-doers" in Moncton are going after Elton John, a concert that supposed to be on our Commons this summer. As for who is bigger, I definitely feel like Elton John would attract a bigger cross section of fans than the Eagles. It's great to finally see ANY acts coming to Halifax, I completely agree with Rodenhiser - the bigger the name that comes to Halifax, the bigger the name we will get in the future.

As for Bruce, kind of being the lone voice in the wilderness about giving money for the concerts, I see where he's coming from. His point, I think, is that HRM should do its core responsibilities well first (roads), before getting into these other events. I hear that. On the other hand, someone called me off the air today and told me whenever he hears Bruce crapping over something, it "ruins his day"! I told him a great lesson my boss Rick taught me: "Don't take anything personally"!

I didn't see the Fifth Estate about Sandy Munroe last night....I thought it was on an hour later than it was. I'm sad that Sandy wasn't available today to defend himself. I'll hold my judgement until I see it myself. It's a sad situation either way, that's for sure.

Anyway..enjoy the sunshine...and I'll chat with you tomorrow!

Cheers,

Amber

No comments: