Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Groovin' with the Eagles!

That's what Rick plans to do when the Eagles come to town next summer. I don't know....how much would you pay to see Rick groove? That's worth the ticket cost right there!!!

Although Rick swears the Eagles are coming, various media sources say Celine Dion is, in fact, booked at the Commons for next August 23rd. I checked on Celine's website, but didn't see the listing. She's touring Germany though!

I do respect Celine as a singer, but I couldn't say I was a fan. I'm not sure that's a concert that's going to attract the cross section of fans, from young to old, male to female, that the Rolling Stones concert did, you know? I think it will be more like a million mom march. And will Celine Dion fans want to stand out in the pouring rain, if that happens, for 5 hours? At a rock concert, it seems like the thing to do is to get dirty!!! Do you really get covered in mud and are okay with being soaking wet at a Celine Dion concert?

You know, we rag on politicians constantly on the show, but I want to give some props out to Krista Snow. She's been working to make improvements to the 118 and the Fall River Exit and today, she and Percy Paris were going to walk with one student in the district today to showcase the unfairness of this program where students have to pay for their students to stay for lunch. Krista and Percy seem to be working together to make some positive changes for the area and I think it's great. Keep up the good work!

Can I just say that I love Michael de Adder? I think the man is a genius! He has a new book out too, I hope Rick gets him on the show. I've seen him at parties, but I've been scared to go and introduce myself to him. I know, it's lame, but I am a huge fan!

So...John Merrick, our energy consumer advocate, thinks the Fuel Adjustment Mechanism might be of some benefit to the consumer. However, he says that would hinge on total and complete transparency from the Power Corp. Judging by the massive distrust consumers have with NSP, I don't think a lot of people are going to go, "Oh, Okay"!

Anyway....I have to write some news for 4 and 5 on C100...so have a great day!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rick.

We would like to know your thoughts about the recent actions of Dewayne Chapman, Aka the Dog. Due to his mouth and lack of brain it is fair to say this Dog is now in the pound.

Alex and Rose.