Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Morroccans basically ruined everything

That's one fact I leared about Timbuktu today! I felt kind of embarassed when Rick told the world I just found out from Marq de Villiers book that it was an actual place! Oh well, I guess I don't know everything!

Great show today - thanks for the calls. The topics were all over the place - from tasers, to crosswalks to assisted suicide to greenspace - it didn't stop today.

We had our Hotline crime expert Jim Hoskins in talking about everything crime related. He says he wouldn't want to be tasered because he has hypertension and he fears for his life. Tasers are supposed to save lives and I'm not denying that they have in the past, but they are on quite the opposite tear lately, unfortunately. Is it just an unlucky streak or are they dangerous? I can't decide.

I was kind of upset with the police chief after I read the article in the Herald today about the Guardian Angels. Then I talked to him briefly on the phone today before the interview - YOU CANNOT BE ANGRY WITH THIS MAN - HE'S TOO DAMN NICE! Gah! I just think to say they aren't welcome in this town is kind of harsh, but who knows if the newspaper kind of put those words in his mouth, because it doesn't sound like something Chief Beazley would say. I totally understand him not wanting to put citizens in harm's way, of course, but why not try working with them? I think we need all the help we can get. Give the Guardian Angels tasers if they aren't dangerous! Ha! As for Curtis Sliwa not getting him the reports, well, it's only been 3 weeks. This is a man who does a morning radio show in NYC and is the head of an international organization, he's travelling the world looking to start new chapters. I mean, he's busy!!!! I just think maybe more of the tough talk should be reserved for actual criminals and not for someone who wants to come here and try to help us.

I'm on vacation next week and kind of anxious, so I think everything is putting me over the edge! I lost it when I was reading the paper and saw a little article about how the Education department is looking for input about student loans in the province and they want to hear people's issues with them. That's all well and good, but it's EXAM TIME! Nice timing there! Anyway, there's a forum at the SUB @ Dal tonight and one @ the Mount tomorrow. Or, you can e-mail: www.ednet.ns.ca. Exam time, let's schedule a meeting. Nice.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I need a vacation!

I would die laughing if I saw Bruce sitting in his car holding a hair dryer and freaking people out thinking it was a radar gun! Thanks for the laugh today, Bruce!

Totally off-topic: Oprah is another person that's bugging me. Can we trust her judgement? She's holding a fundraiser for Barack Obama. I mean, she gave us a fake memoir, thanks to James Frey and then hired someone who is alleged to be abusing kids at her Girls' Academy. Can we trust her judgement for who should be the next President of the United States? This is a very important decision for the fate of the world, wouldn't you agree?

Brian Flemming's column in the Daily News today was excellent. A Dex-Mac co-alition government! Bring it on!

Anyway, gotta run, but have a great day! Don't blow away!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

Mr.k said...

Hello Amber.....good show....

Glad Michel was on before me to reinforce what I had to say with regards to the strip mining taking place on Boularderie Island and Mark Parent not listening to the people
I really hope that when this finally recognized as an environmental disaster taking place, that politicans like Rev. Mark Parent and Rodney MacDonald and Cecila Clarke , are brought to task and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for crimes against the environment.

I mentioned on air that Pioneer had done some blasting yesterday.....I stand corrected. It was some time the weekend....but never the less, a lady who had moved to Cape Breton as a great place to live, work and raise a family or retire, now has a flooded basement for the third time since blasting started at the 'STRIP MINE" on Boularderie Island....coincidence??? I think not....this house has never had leaks ever, but since t he blasting.
Now she couldn't sell it in the first place when she found out about the strip mine so close to her new home she put it on the market and the real estate dealer told her that it is too close to the strip mining operation....
Now she is stuck here and a flooded basement for the third time...

We also have seniors who have returned home to CB after retiring and wanted to come home...they were never informed of any strip mining going to take place and loose their water....but its happening...property values in the area have decreased...

Rodney has to do something about this, before more skilled workers and retirement funds leave this island, following our kids..the more people leaving here , the less taxes to the province...

Its like those who do stay here and put up with the political blundering that continues to threaten property values, the environment and ecology...

Its like being punished for staying.


I hope you have a great vacation. You deserve it just for putting up with us "nay sayers" we "negative folks" and all our bitchin and complaining.
Say hello to your folks for us Maritimers.