Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's a little windy

Seriously. I was on the MacDonald bridge this morning and I was stopped in traffic and my car was blowing side to side because of the wind. It was nuts.

Another busy show today with lots of calls about this disturbing debit scam. One caller had an excellent suggestion, change your pin number! It sucks though, I really don't want to do that, but I guess it's better than being robbed! I checked my account this morning just to make sure no one was taking anything from me! We heard from two women today who were robbed, one of a thousand dollars, the other 500. It's a really sophistocated scam using Bluetooth technology, and I just hope police get these guys quickly!!!!

I have to agree with Rick today - Paul Watson crossed the line. He says the real tragedy is the baby seals dying and not the four sealers who died in the towing accident with the Coast Guard. What??? I'm not a huge supporter of the seal hunt, but these men weren't even sealing at the time, they thought they were in safe hands. They were being rescued!! It's a horrible tragedy, much, much worse than the seal hunt. I admired Paul Watson and his efforts to stop illegal shark and whale killings, but this was a little much. It's pretty shocking when I'm in agreement with Loyola Hearn on something.

So, the councillors were in during hour number 2 and man oh man, the poop is going down at city hall right now! I wish I could tell you what's up, but let's just say, jeez, I don't even know what to say. It's drama-licious, let's put it that way. Younger and Johns came out hard against the city staff, which I think is great! I mean, putting it on the taxpayer. Talk about phoning it in. Do you think the staffers hate the councillors and gave them an option that would make them unpopular with the voters?? I think that's what it's come to. I said it last week, this ferry thing is so much bigger than a fast boat. The drama is going to hit the fan on Tuesday. I think I'll follow suit with caller David, have a beer in my hand and I'll sit back and giggle. When you think about it though, it's actually not funny at all that these councillors are fighting so badly between each other and the staff. These people are controlling our tax money, God help us all.

Well, don't blow away today!

Cheers,

Amber

1 comment:

ScotiaGirl said...

Sad but Council has become an entertainment sitcom. I laugh more watching their antics than any comedy on TV right now. Pretty pitiful!!!!